Speeding up the memory scan rate for a IC-R5

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChargerF18

Hello All,

Was curious is there anyway to speed up the memory scannratebfor a IC-R5? I realize and I'm thinking that I need to download software...but what do I do and is there anything? Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChargerF18

Also where is the best place to get software and a cable at the best(cheapest price)? Thanks

compuscan

Also where is the best place to get software and a cable at the best(cheapest price)? Thanks

The two cheapest I know of is:

BuTel ARC-5 programming software for ICOM IC-R5 plus you can buy a programming cable model OPC-478 or OPC-478U, OPC-478UC or compatible cable on ebay.

ICOM IC-R5 software R5 SPORT SOFTWARE PROGRAMMING CS-R5 OPC-478U OPC-478 OPC478 ic-r5 CT29A CT25 rt systems programming cable icomrr5 software data management

RT Systems Software includes a cable in one package.

IC-R5 Radio Programming Software | Icom Radio Software | Cloning Software

compuscan

Hello All,

Was curious is there anyway to speed up the memory scannratebfor a IC-R5? I realize and I'm thinking that I need to download software...but what do I do and is there anything? Thanks!!

I don't know of any hardware mods to speed up the scan rate BUT if you buy software like BuTel ARC-5 programming software, you can sort the frequencies by ascending order. The PLL will lock slightly quicker if the frequencies are spaced closer together than wide ranges. It also helps to have AM mode frequencies scanned in one group separately from the FM mode frequencies.

Don't expect blazing speeds, it would only be a small percentage in a speed increase but everything helps.

Some of the older AOR receivers used this technique built into the radio's firmware like the AR2500. When you entered a frequency, it automatically sorted the frequencies from low to high before it scanned.

If you really need fast speeds, you might want to think about selling your R5 and buy an R6.

scannermike11

Banned
ascending order. will help

i used the ascending order trick with my
IC5 and it helps it will now catch most all calls
as long as you keep it under 15 memory channels

Status
Not open for further replies.