Spencer County confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

rico47635

I am confused. I was told that part of the Spencer County public safety (police) had switched to a digital system. Supposedly, this change happened for the northern part of the county. However, after searching the database for Spencer County, I didn't find any information on what frequencies they are using. Do any of you have any information on what frequencies they are using? This switch was supposed to have been made a good while back, so it isn't something that's new. Any info y'all can provide would be appreciated.

dustinoboy

I am confused. I was told that part of the Spencer County public safety (police) had switched to a digital system. Supposedly, this change happened for the northern part of the county. However, after searching the database for Spencer County, I didn't find any information on what frequencies they are using. Do any of you have any information on what frequencies they are using? This switch was supposed to have been made a good while back, so it isn't something that's new. Any info y'all can provide would be appreciated.

All Spencer County agencies still use the VHF frequencies as their main dispatching system. This includes all Law Enforcement agencies in Spencer County (Sheriff, Dale PD, Santa Claus PD, & Rockport PD all using 155.5650), as well as fire departments and EMS (using 154.4150). However, all of the public safety agencies use the SAFE-T TRS (referred to by them as "800") as "secondary" operations. For example, they use the 800 systems to get more information regarding a call, or to tell dispatch they are out of service. But, primary dispatch operations are still on the VHF conventional system. You can find the talkgroups Spencer County uses on SAFE-T on the Radio Reference SAFE-T page that was linked in the above post. The conventional frequencies and PL codes can be found on the Spencer County page here on RR. Also, on the Spencer County page click the "Wiki" box. There is some really good information regarding unit numbering and 10-codes for Spencer County.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.