Spencerport csd?

w2csx

Premium Subscriber
I see that Spencerport csd is listed both under Mobiltech and SaiaNet, I've yet to hear anything on Mobiltech.

k2hz

Database Admin
They are Mobiletech TG 180 and 183 just in service at beginning of school year. Both TGs are DE so you won't hear anything. TG183 is buses and very active. TG180 appears to be admin and only a few transmissions observed. Site 119 is at Spencerport school.

sallen07

Premium Subscriber
TG183 is buses and very active. TG180 appears to be admin and only a few transmissions observed. Site 119 is at Spencerport school.

That's interesting, because they are definitely still using Saianet for buses, and I am hearing traffic on their analog conventional frequencies too.

If the traffic is encrypted, how do you know it's Spencerport?

Last edited:

sallen07

Premium Subscriber
If the antenna location is accurate in the RR database, that is NOT at any of the Spencerport Schools. It's on a tower at the RG&E facility on Union Street just south of Ridge.

k2hz

Database Admin
The aliases of the bus numbers and job titles match and the new Site 119 is on the Spencerport school grounds. It does appear to be only the Elementary school office is heard with other non bus units being dispatcher, various transportation jobs and admin. Bus numbers in the 170 to low 200 range and then 300 and up appear to match Spencerport.

I am listening to Spencerport on Saia now to see if any correlation with the Mobiletech activity. Pittsford has a Mobiletech TG separate from their regular bus system. It seems to be for special transportation.
If the antenna location is accurate in the RR database, that is NOT at any of the Spencerport Schools. It's on a tower at the RG&E facility on Union Street just south of Ridge.
That is the wrong license. Correct license is at the school. I thought I submitted a correction.

k2hz

Database Admin
Listening to Saia and monitoring the Mobiletech Spencerport CC and there is no link. But, all bus numbers I have heard on Saia are 300 series numbers missing on my Mobiletch logs so it looks like the are split between the 2 systems. Numbers on Mobiletech are 300 and 304-314. Just heard 303 and numbers 320 and up and Saia. Also 174-206 on Mobiletech and 223 on Saia.

sallen07

Premium Subscriber
Just curious ... how are you monitoring the Mobiletech system?

I have a BCD996P2 parked on the Mobiletch Spencerport site. It's not even finding a carrier. On the other hand, I was picking up traffic from the Henrietta, Fairport, and South Bristol all day. Shouldn't the signal strength "meter" be showing something if the site is active?

I also threw that frequency in a BCT15X. (Yes, I know all I'll hear is digital buzz!) Since I did that 20 minutes ago, I've seen one 'hit'.

Last edited:

k2hz

Database Admin
DSD+ monitoring and logging the Site 119 CC. Site is running with only the 150.9725 with voice on the CC. It is rejecting affiliations from most area TGs and handling only TG 180 and 183 DE traffic. For some reason, TG 72 units can register but the traffic is not carried on the site.

Last edited:

sallen07

Premium Subscriber
DSD+ will track NXDN systems and will display OTA aliases, even if the talkgroups are secure. No mystery to it.

LOL. Perhaps I should have phrased my question differently, and said, "Are you using DSD+ to monitor the system?" :)

I don't as a rule run DSD+, but I could.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Seems like you were editing your post to add additional info at the same time I was replying, so I only saw the first sentence until just now.

The coordinates for Site 119 have been corrected in the database.

k2hz

Database Admin
I hear all kinda traffic on SaiaNet for Spencerport.
From what I see on my Mobiletech RID logs, there are 26 buses, one dispatcher, the elementary school and about 10 admin units (probably portables) on Mobiletech NXDN. The other schools and buses are on Saia.

k2hz

Database Admin
CORRECTION - Mobiletech Site 119 and TGs 180 & 183 are NOT Spencerport.

I was informed that signal was very weak in Spencerport so I drove out to the site and saw the tower and VHF antenna per the Mobiletech license but there was NO SIGNAL heard at the site.

Here is the story on the situation - Mobiletech got a license for a site on a tower at the Spencerport bus garage on 150.9725. A few weeks ago a signal appeared testing on 150.9725. There was some testing by techs on TG183 and then subscriber units started showing up onTG183 and occasional tests on TG180 that were all DE but aliases indicated probably school administrative portables. Then Bus #s and Dispatcher showed up with bus # 174-206, 300 and 304-314 that seemed to fit with Spencerport bus numbers. So I submitted the Site and TGs to the RRDB as Spencerport.

The one thing that seem odd was "Elementary" was the only school unit and Spencerport has several named elementary schools. It seemed strange to have a separate system for just a single school. Then I was told by a reliable source in the area that the signal was very weak in Spencerport so I decided in needed to take a ride to check it out which confirmed what I am hearing is not Spencerport.

Livonia TG72 is also heard in the site, in the clear. I heard the signal fairly strong on my 436 when I was in the Rush area today so it appears the site could be somewhere around the Monroe/Livingston County line.

There is a problem accessing FCC frequency data right now but previous searches showed 150.9725 also licensed only at existing Mobiletech sites in the area and 119 is obviously a new site. One possible suspect is Honeoye Falls where they have licenses for more that one location so there may be an additional site at another school.

If anyone is hearing a possible NXDN signal on 150.9725 in the area I would like to know the strength at you location.

k2hz

Database Admin
I was able to get a frequency search on the FCC site to work although the RRDB FCC data is still down. It appears to rule out Honeoye Falls and also, I was not getting any reception of the signal in the Mendon Ponds area other than very weak at one high spot. The existing Honeoye Falls Site 75 is strong there.

So, it appears the location is somewhere south of Rush. 150.9725 is on the license for Site 68, Williamson, and it is an active channel on that site. It may be one of the sources of interference that occasionally cuts out decode of Site 119. It is on the license, but apparently not active, for Site 42, Dansville, but that is too far away and does not fit with units observed on Site 119. Site 119 is rejecting registration from Rochester area TGs but constant blocked attempts are seen, especially from TG 8 Pittsford. So everything points to Site 119 being south of, but not too far from, Rochester. There is an existing Site 60 at Avon so another site in that immediate area would be redundant which makes a location more to the south or west likely.

Mobiletech just got licenses for new sites at LeRoy and Warsaw that would be likely suspects but the frequencies don't match. Other sites licensed for 150.9725 are too far away to be considered.

So, if anyone is hearing a RAN 55 NXDN CC signal on 150.9725 in the Livingston/Genesee/southern Monroe area I would be interested in the strength at your location.