spending a week in OKC, what to program my G4 with ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

billpritjr

Hello Folks

I will be spending a week in Oklahoma City, what systems do you recommend to program my G4 and TRX-1 with ? What is the status with Oklahoma City Police move to a P25 system ?

thank you

mam1081

Feed Provider
You can put the new OKC P25 system in your G4, but there isn't much activity yet - some testing occasionally, and some links up when the techs are testing. As of today, only a (poor sounding) link to the Oklahoma Co Sheriff and a (good sounding) link to the OKC FD Alert channel are active.

Depending on where you are staying, you could likely hear Norman's P25 system - there is a lot of activity there.

On your TRX-1, the most other public safety is on the OKWIN (Motorola Smartzone) system (analog simulcast sounds terrible on most scanners). There is a multitude of DMR business/public safety stuff. We are very light on much NXDN stuff in the OKC area.

Turner101

Premium Subscriber
The state OKWIN P25 is active on the Norman site for Central & State mutual aid TGs, moore pd and fire, Norman pd and fd, OHP statewide TGs and troop A...this will only work if your able to get the norman tower tho. Not sure where your visiting in OKC. Sounds pretty good for the most part.

billpritjr

The state OKWIN P25 is active on the Norman site for Central & State mutual aid TGs, moore pd and fire, Norman pd and fd, OHP statewide TGs and troop A...this will only work if your able to get the norman tower tho. Not sure where your visiting in OKC. Sounds pretty good for the most part.
Staying down by OKC airport...

Status
Not open for further replies.