Spending the day in Brazos Co - which Broadcastify node for LE/EMS there?

RenoHuskerDu

Longtime VFD, rusty old scanner
Premium Subscriber
Last edited:

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Howdy, I'll be in Brazos County all day and wonder if anyone can advise on which Broadcastify nodes are good to monitor to catch LE and EMS action? I already found this one Brazos County Area Law Enforcement Live Audio Feed

Here in my home county I monitor my Sheriff TG on this node. something similar for Brazos would be great. Also Bryan PD if possible. Gotta help my kid move and redo her floors... Sheriff Dispatch 1/Burnet County Group Calls Live

Thanks in advance, gentlemen.
That’s a good feed but it catches all 4 big departments if I remember right. BCSO, Bryan PD, CS PD and TAMU PD. Quite busy during the daytime and evenings. If you want to catch all EMS calls, this countywide feed is the one to go to. Bryan and CS fire handle all 911 calls in the county. St. Joseph EMS has a large presence and will be seen running code to the hospitals in Bryan and CS from other counties but only do transfers within Brazos.

RenoHuskerDu

Premium Subscriber
Thank you, I didn't find that one by searching, so I'll add that to my BCFY. Lots of crime up around there, I noticed yesterday. It was good to come home to a county where any one of the several violent events I heard up there would be big news in one day back home.

RenoHuskerDu

Premium Subscriber
That’s a good feed but it catches all 4 big departments if I remember right. BCSO, Bryan PD, CS PD and TAMU PD. Quite busy during the daytime and evenings. If you want to catch all EMS calls, this countywide feed is the one to go to. Bryan and CS fire handle all 911 calls in the county. St. Joseph EMS has a large presence and will be seen running code to the hospitals in Bryan and CS from other counties but only do transfers within Brazos.
I've joined Premium, am planning to provide feeds once I get linux setup on an old laptop with NooElecs. I just poked around in the DB to flesh out MyRR and MyBCFY. I located some great targets. For example, I'm VF next to Balcones and we have an issue in that the don't tell us when they plan a burn, so we have scrambled for a potential wildland fire many times over the years only to find that it's a controlled burn. They would be worth monitoring. I could relay info to my Chief.

How would I get Subcategory: Fish Wildlife Service/Balcones Canyonlands National Wildlife Refuge (Texas Federal) into MyRR and/or MyBCFY? I don't see any live links on that to add it. It's FMN which I assume means FM narrowband. I can put their repeater on 164.625 into my old 2067 scanners but would only hear it at home. On the go, I monitor BCFY web feeds.

So far I only see a way to add to MyRR by county, trunked system, or high-level entity, and I did that. Is it accurate to assume that no more granular watching is possible? This is probably way OT from my OP. Should I ask elsewhere? But I note that you're a DBA....sorry for all the questions. I lived in yurrup for 2 decades, was VF there and raised a bunch of kids. I was inactive in ham and scan, got way behind on trunking etc.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
I've joined Premium, am planning to provide feeds once I get linux setup on an old laptop with NooElecs. I just poked around in the DB to flesh out MyRR and MyBCFY. I located some great targets. For example, I'm VF next to Balcones and we have an issue in that the don't tell us when they plan a burn, so we have scrambled for a potential wildland fire many times over the years only to find that it's a controlled burn. They would be worth monitoring. I could relay info to my Chief.

How would I get Subcategory: Fish Wildlife Service/Balcones Canyonlands National Wildlife Refuge (Texas Federal) into MyRR and/or MyBCFY? I don't see any live links on that to add it. It's FMN which I assume means FM narrowband. I can put their repeater on 164.625 into my old 2067 scanners but would only hear it at home. On the go, I monitor BCFY web feeds.

So far I only see a way to add to MyRR by county, trunked system, or high-level entity, and I did that. Is it accurate to assume that no more granular watching is possible? This is probably way OT from my OP. Should I ask elsewhere? But I note that you're a DBA....sorry for all the questions. I lived in yurrup for 2 decades, was VF there and raised a bunch of kids. I was inactive in ham and scan, got way behind on trunking etc.
That’s assuming they are still analog on 164.625. Most Federal stuff has gone P25. You can provide a feed for it so long as it is Federal Park Rangers dispatch or fire fighting/forestry related. If it is a tactical law enforcement channel it cannot be included in the Broadcastify stream.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
That one says FMN instead of P25. In fact all listed on Texas Federal (Texas) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference say FMN except 4 which say P25, so is that a database error? Or am I misreading the data. They're firemen over there, not LE. They back us up when we have wildland fires.
I was asking to see if you know. The database is maintained by the users and listeners and is only as up to date as we all make it. I have been updating Border Patrol stuff that was almost 20 years old and has not been FMN since 2013. It can only be done by traveling to an area and listening.

RenoHuskerDu

Premium Subscriber
I was asking to see if you know. The database is maintained by the users and listeners and is only as up to date as we all make it. I have been updating Border Patrol stuff that was almost 20 years old and has not been FMN since 2013. It can only be done by traveling to an area and listening.
I'll punch that freq into an HT and tell you what I hear in a few days.