Sperry FD & RR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos703

I've been hearing some kind of one-sided railroad traffic control or dispatch on 37968 which is listed as Sperry FD in the database. I've heard it for a couple of nights.

I don't know which is more perplexing: 1) I'm hearing railroad traffic on Sperry's TG, or 2) that I'm hearing railroad traffic on the state's public service network.

Am I experiencing a prolonged hallucination, or is someone else hearing this too?

FireMedic712

It will continue. Un-educated people make decisions in this town, and they frankly dont care what we have to listen to on our radios, therefore the radio that rx/tx's our VHF side will remain CSQ and pick-up and rebroadcast whatever it can over our DPS TG. I'm just glad we only have a 50ft tower or it would be MUCH MUCH worse. I've ID'd the RR as BNSF and some other things I've heard just to get the specifics of where it's coming from. If anyone can figure it out, send me a PM please.

Chaos703

Sorry about the double post. I have to admit that on my list of possible scenarios to explain what I might be hearing, the truth wasn't even close. Unfortunate. But interesting.

car2back

Amen Firemedic, we can only hope once Tulsa FD starts dispatching Sperry, maybe things will change when they complain about having to listen to the BS all night.

Chaos, too bad you missed it when some knuckle head was down at the station playing with the VHF half of the cross-band; you could have heard Osage Co SO and Country Corner Fire on 800 :D

Last edited:

FireMedic712

The majority of the traffic seems to be railroad related. We catch skip from a PD and occasionally a constuction or hotshot company.

Status
Not open for further replies.