sphaerococcus.xyz malware

Status
Not open for further replies.

arlo

Premium Subscriber
My other computer has been infected with sphaerococcus.xyz malware. How do I get rid of it and gain control of computer?

bharvey2

Tackling malware is best done with a multi-pronged approach. That is, running multiple programs to weed out any problems. My two "go to" programs are Malwarebytes and Spybot Search and Destroy. Programs to remove malware tend to be different than antivirus programs in that they don't necessarily run continuously in the background. So, running multiple malware programs doesn't pose the same type of problems that running antivirus programs concurrently might.

If at all possible, it would be best to remove the infected hard drive and install it in a second, unaffected computer (as a secondary drive), running the malware fighting programs on computer number two. This would reduce the likelihood of the malware inhibiting the anti malware programs. If you can't do that then download and install your anti malware programs and hope for the best.

Stupidfatkid

You may want to look into restoring your PC to a previous restore point, obviously a point before you got the malware.

Status
Not open for further replies.