Spider Base antenna Vs Tram base antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwayne0564

Just trying to get some input, I have had no real luck with the spider base scanner antenna, Have a tram on my SDS 200 and my 996p2, just got a TRX 2, so hooked it up the spider to the TRX 2, and I get better reception with the stock indoor antenna, anyone else have issues with them.

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber
I doubt those are the cause. I think it more likely that he is overloading the TRX 2 with a strong signal or the antenna does not work well. I would try putting a cheap FM broadcast band blocker in the antenna line. In addition, though I never owned the spider, I have owned similar and those never worked very well. Some others have also reported similar but others were happy--hard to tell who is right.

dwayne0564

I think it just be the different brand, my SDS 200 works well with the tram, but the TRX is ok, Conventional with Uniden, is much better than Whistler, have tried it with either antenna, I love my TRX, just doesn't have the sensitivity of the Uniden's .

dwayne0564

I had heard they had adjusted the sensitivity, you can tell definitely, my only issue, is that I live about 18 miles from a Phase 2 area, and there running 700mhz, with a 15 mile area, so I'm just out of range , unless they use the 800mhz repeater, which is not a A or C channel., enjoyed listening to the big city, now, their tower is about 20 miles from me, so unless I want to move, i guess I'll just have to listen to bits and pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.