Spokane County 800 MHz Project 25 Trunked Radio System

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCMajorInci

Premium Subscriber
I found out last year that Spokane County would be switching to an 700/800MHz Trunked system and I found out today that it would be a full P25 system. It will be called SRECS. Police/Fire/EMS will all be on this new system. I am not sure if anyone else has heard this. It was a complete stroke of luck that I came across it. It was a independent review of EWU's current system for campus use.

http://wiki.ewu.edu/campusmasterpla...adio_system_review_and_replacement_110321.pdf

I dont think I will be upgrading my equipment to listen. I think this ends my scanner hobby, as I hear WSP is also making the change. I know Pend Oreille County is already on a P25. I guess everyone else will follow suit.

gmitch

I have some info on SRECS here:
Spokane Regional Emergency Communications System

Just save up those pennies. The upgrade path is P25. The Spokane system is an extended implementation:
ULS Application - PubSafty/SpecEmer/PubSaftyNtlPlan,806-817/851-862MHz,Trunked - 0004810186 - SPOKANE REGIONAL EMERGENCY COMMUNICATIONS SYSTEMS - Attachments
It will be a couple of years before it is running. P25 is only on the expensive models right now but I would not be surprised if it is included in mid-range models in the next year or two. With more P25 systems popping up across the county, it makes sense.

redshift

P25 is just digital, it doesn't necessarily mean encrypted (although that is an option). Hopefully the powers that be err on the side of sanity and interoperability and stay in the clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.