Spokane Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
OK, had this posted here, changes for Spokane City Fire. poster states that fire FREQS have changed, and are now....

City Primary Fire is now 154.055
City Tactical "Amber" is now: 154.130

Can people that are on the east side of the State please verify this and how about posting any changes to the stuff over there I am on the west side of the State up in Snohomish County and only get to that side of the State about one time a year and I myself can not verify this.
Thanks, Ken

commstar

Premium Subscriber
Normal SFD Operations have been on 154.1600 S (100.0) as usual so far today .

154.05500 R (186.2) was quiet most of the morning, but in the past hour or so there has been some testing on the channel mostly regarding MDC id's and how they are displaying/aliasing.

Also some SFD Traffic but could not tell if it was live or patched from another channel.

Whoever submitted this has something but what it is going to be hard to say quite yet, but they are likely correct, but a very good find none the less.

Will update as appropriate.
Mike

Last edited:

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
Thanks, the person who sent this is with SFD but at this point I am not sure if I should add this just yet till this new stuff is up and running 100%, if I add it to the database here now I will just get a few post's telling me that what I just added is wrong.

tmfok7

lowboy654 said:
OK, had this posted here, changes for Spokane City Fire. poster states that fire FREQS have changed, and are now....

Can people that are on the east side of the State please verify this and how about posting any changes to the stuff over there I am on the west side of the State up in Snohomish County and only get to that side of the State about one time a year and I myself can not verify this.
Thanks, Ken

Ken,

When I was with Spokane Fire District 3 (SW Spokane County). 154.055 was Fire Ground "Blue" and 154.130 was the City's Channel 2 (primary fire response). The "Amber" channel 'was' 154.175, which is the last channel they added to their frequency repertoire and primarily used for Training.

I will send an email to one of the deputy chiefs that was in charge of radio coordination for the district and see what he has to say.

Chuck

commstar

Premium Subscriber
For whatever it is worth, 154.05500 R (186.2) still doing alot of on the air 'can you hear me now?' type testing consisting of two males testing a patch- switching between channels 1 and 16 can you hear me now, number counting etc.

No fire operations on this 154.05500 as of this writing.

F-16 in my list is 154.4300 'Dispatch'. I could not get over to 154.43000 quick enough while they were testing to verify that is what they were patching to/from.

tmfok7

Well I sent an email to my friend on the fire district in Spokane regarding anything new with the radio system. I asked the question as to what may be happening in a generalized forum with what I did specifically know, but did not ask about 154.055, just to see what he would say. Slightly edited, here is his response:

"Valley fire added a medical channel which you referenced (which was 155.2575R). County wide we are looking at the radio system and asking for a sales tax increase to fund it. It looks like we will end up on a vhf and 700 MHz system when it all shakes out."

If commstar [Mike] can do alittle more monitoring and can come up with additional information, I can approach him again with what we are hearing.

Chuck

commstar

Premium Subscriber

Have been sick for the past couple of days and not around the radio. Been listening to the channels in question this morning. I have been in and out of the room and could have missed something so for whatever it is worth this is all I know since my last posting:

It appears the radio techs have taken the weekend (or at least the day) off:

154.0550 R (186.2) - No voice traffic noted. Repeater still bumps open for hangtime occasionally.Not patched to 154.4300 either at this time.
154.4300 S (192.8 )- Normal SFD Dispatch Ops
154.1300 S (179.9)- Quiet, no traffic noted.
154.1600 S (100.0) - Normal SFD Med Ops.

If I am well enough, will be out of pocket for the next few days and unlikely to update.

Fraternally,
Mike

nmhhutti

if you don't all ready know

I am fire fighter in the spokane area and i do a ton of listing to the radio and i have picked up a few things the past few weeks. Here is what i got.

City Primary (154.130) is being patched in with what i have to be BLUE (154.055). I have been listing and they (SFD Officers) Have been using BLUE and calling it BLUE and while talking on BLUE the same conversation is being brodcasted on CITY PRIMARY.

I spoke with a few of my friends that are part of sfd and they said that the patch was supposed to be taken down weeks ago. They are having some sort of communication problems and every body that i talk to dont belive it untill they hear it for them selves.

I am new and i have a huge freq. list. I freqs for every emergency channel in spokane county includeing the ones rr doesnt have like spokane dive team. Where are these channels at?

commstar

Premium Subscriber

Interesting, I have not been listening for a few days.

commstar

Premium Subscriber

154.0550 R (186.2) Was used as 'Bloomsday Command' for the annual run this past weekend.

Fire portables identifying as 'Spokane 9x' and AMR units responding to dehydrated Spokanites and couple of Heart problems. Dispatcher was apparently 'Rich' who did a nice job despite all the Spokane fire drama. A voice of calm reason in the wilderness. Kudos.

Makes sense of all the 'can you hear me now?' testing going on in the week or so before the event. I am not a lifer here so I did not connect the two events at all.

As for 154.0550 becoming the new SFD primary- well, it has not happened yet. I have not heard a peep out of 154.0550 since 'Bloomsday Command' terminated.

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
lowboy654 said:

Thanks, Ken
Any new updates on this I still have this as a open item here. Thanks Ken

commstar

Premium Subscriber
154.4300 S (192.8) is still the dispatch/tone-out channel for SFD.
154.1300 S (100.0) still appears to be the Spokane FD primary.
154.1600 S (131.8) is still the Medical Channel

As for 154.0550 R (186.2) is also active but is NOT repeating the 154.1300 S (100.0) dispatchers audio- only the field units.

At this point, I am skeptical 154.0550 is the 'new' SFD Primary- at least not yet. Perhaps there is a transition afoot but maybe the original source of this info can comment.

Listing it in the DB would be a good move but perhaps calling it tactical for the moment would be best.

This info is newly confirmed info- As of 1115hrs., SFD is working a structure fire on Hartson- an apartment building. Confined to a single unit. No injuries civilian or FD.

On a performance commentary: SFD is currently spraying adrenaline everywhere and it really shows on the air- not a very impressive performance for fulltime 'big city' firefighters. Lots of elevated heart rates. Been in and around plenty of structure fires and other critical incidents and this one was just not an impressive performance when it comes to radio discipline.

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
At this point i think I will just close it and wait for the change to happen, I am sure that someone here will let me know, when this is a fact and not just a future change.

Status
Not open for further replies.