Spotsylvania County Fire/EMS

jscooke

Premium Subscriber
I have a SDS 100 scanner programmed with the Spotsylvania county fire/ems. I hear the automated dispatch but do not hear any of the units responding.
A
ny help on why I can not hear the units responding. I have all talk groups programmed.

rnehls

Premium Subscriber
I have a SDS 100 scanner programmed with the Spotsylvania county fire/ems. I hear the automated dispatch but do not hear any of the units responding.
A
ny help on why I can not hear the units responding. I have all talk groups programmed.
Sadly you won’t hear an abundance of basic radio traffic as each unit has a mobile laptop installed and there are buttons for the crew to hit for responding, on scene, etc. You will only hear traffic for things like auto accidents and structure fires and larger box calls where voice traffic is quicker and expeditious communication is needed.

jscooke

Premium Subscriber
Sadly you won’t hear an abundance of basic radio traffic as each unit has a mobile laptop installed and there are buttons for the crew to hit for responding, on scene, etc. You will only hear traffic for things like auto accidents and structure fires and larger box calls where voice traffic is quicker and expeditious communication is needed.
Thanks for the update thought I had programmed something wrong. So, I guess the automated dispatch is the wave of the future.

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
yes AVL (GPS) and MDT use has changed the amount of radio traffic you will hear on Spotsy 1.