Spotsylvania Fire/Rescue Reception while scanning

Status
Not open for further replies.

covert53

Dude
Premium Subscriber
Looking for some assistance. I live in Spotsy and have various Uniden Trunktracker IV and V scanners yet none of them scan this system well. If I want to hear dispatch or Spotsy 1 I have to hold onto that TG which, of course, means I miss traffic on other TGs and the dispatching. Anyone else having a similar problem or know of a setting adjustment I can make?

Thx

tvengr

Well Known Member
Have you tried the Uniden SDS100 and SDS200 scanners? Spotsylvania is a Harris simulcast system. You already have 3 strikes against you with any scanner other than the SDS scanners. They are the only scanners designed to work with simulcast systems.

covert53

Dude
Premium Subscriber
Have you tried the Uniden SDS100 and SDS200 scanners? Spotsylvania is a Harris simulcast system. You already have 3 strikes against you with any scanner other than the SDS scanners. They are the only scanners designed to work with simulcast systems.
Also, I have the BCD436HP and its doing it also on that scanner. Thats the one that really drives me nuts

KC4ASF

Feed Provider
Premium Subscriber
Santa brought me a SDS 200 for christmas and it by far beats all my other scanners with the simulcast issues. I have 2 of their towers hitting me and I was really surprised!

fredva

Feed Provider
Also, I have the BCD436HP and its doing it also on that scanner. Thats the one that really drives me nuts

I replaced my BCD436HP with an SDS-100. Significant improvement on simulcast systems. In my case, the 436 had done better on Spotsylvania's system than the Stafford/Fredericksburg simulcast system but the SDS-100 is superior for both systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.