Spotted in TV Show "Heavy Rescue: 401"

Status
Not open for further replies.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
So I am watching this new show "Heavy Rescue: 401" on Netflix when the camera
pans over to the dash of one of the tow trucks and what do I see?

6h2HNSL.jpg

A Uniden BCD536HP scanning away on the local Canadian public safety systems!

Marshall KE4ZNR

DanRollman

Database Admin
Is that a CB at the top of the stack? That is a "very ham sexy" heavy rescue truck. I wonder if they also wear ballcaps with extended HT antennas on them.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
This with the same guys who did Highway Thru Hell?

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
I believe so as the voice over work is the same and the show follows the same format. I guess Jamie Davis and the show parted ways?
Marshall KE4ZNR

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

DJ11DLN

That's cool. "Highway Thru Hell" was surely one of the best of the spate of "reality" shows we've been beset with in recent years, and was the only one I watched with any regularity. I missed it when it moved to Netflix.

Unfortunately I don't have enough internet here to watch it, or anything else on any of the streaming services...maybe it will come out on DVD one day.:mad:

wbswetnam

I sure wouldn't put any radio up on the dashboard, because 1) you might as well put a sign on it that says "Steal me!", and 2) it would roast there during the summer, being so exposed to the direct sunlight.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
I sure wouldn't put any radio up on the dashboard, because 1) you might as well put a sign on it that says "Steal me!", and 2) it would roast there during the summer, being so exposed to the direct sunlight.
Eh, a department I service has a brush truck they bought used out of New England...sight unseen. Shipped it out to Texas only to discover that A.C. is an option, not a standard feature (it's a given standard here). That truck has an XTL1500 mounted on top of the dash...6 years later it's never been in for service or alignment (it's been PM'd twice now). 130-160 degrees inside during the summer (it gets parked outside due to its age) and all the electronics still work. The show takes place in Canada, won't get hot enough there. One truck in the show has 4 or 5 W9 heads hanging from the overhead console...completly visible from the ground...people really don't mess with tractors.

I will say watching the series, AT&T ePTT is driving me crazy...

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.