Spotting network for CPD/CFD activity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ERIC-KC9MHE

Premium Subscriber
Where do you share information about police and fire action in progress? I send some of my friends text messages when there's something worth listening to.

I also login to the RadioMan911 Justin.tv page when I hear lots of sirens or see something on the news. The people that hang out and chat there are pretty good about copying interesting events into the chat window so you can get caught up even if you missed the initial calls. I was able to provide some information to the group when a window washer had an accident next door to my office.

It'd be nice to have something like that to pick out the good action on the CPD channels - a twitter feed, IRC room, simplex ham frequency, or some medium of communication to share interesting things heard on the radio. This forum is nice but it's not exactly tailored to realtime communication.

I'm interested in knowing what other options are out there.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Where do you share information about police and fire action in progress? I send some of my friends text messages when there's something worth listening to.

I also login to the RadioMan911 Justin.tv page when I hear lots of sirens or see something on the news. The people that hang out and chat there are pretty good about copying interesting events into the chat window so you can get caught up even if you missed the initial calls. I was able to provide some information to the group when a window washer had an accident next door to my office.

It'd be nice to have something like that to pick out the good action on the CPD channels - a twitter feed, IRC room, simplex ham frequency, or some medium of communication to share interesting things heard on the radio. This forum is nice but it's not exactly tailored to realtime communication.

I'm interested in knowing what other options are out there.

We're probably one of a few who actually listen to CPD/CFD on a regular basis. What that means is no one really cares for the mundane activity, until all hell breaks loose then the posts are flying. I couldn't tweet, Facebook and pay attention and take notes like I do. My concentration is the numerous scanners I have running and so when I do post in this forum, I have facts and not guesses. My information will never be real time like you request, for that I suggest you or anyone else listen and pay attention to the scanner like i'm probably doing. I don't post everything I hear either, as I don't have that much time on my hands...

Status
Not open for further replies.