TRX-1: Spredsheets and EZ Scan/Font Size

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a way to get a spreadsheet to work with EZ Scan. In other words, is there a way to import Sites, RIDs, Talkgroup I.D.s, Talkgroup descriptions, etc. from a spreadsheet into EZ Scan?
Is there a way to increase/decrease the Font Size and/or to change the Font styles?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
You can use a spreadsheet to import Frequencies, Trunked Sites, Talkgroups and Radio IDs into EZ Scan, but you have to convert it to a CSV format (save as in spreadsheet program) and it must be in the correct format. My suggestion for getting the format you need is to enter at least one item in the area you want to use a spreadsheet for (IE one talkgroup). On the Talkgroup (or freq or RID or site) section in EZ Scan right click and choose export all. Open the file and delete all columns that are empty. Now use that for your import template.

I do not believe you can change text font or size.

Screenshot 2020-03-05 11.31.38.png

Screenshot 2020-03-05 11.32.32.png

tvengr

Well Known Member
Is there a way to increase/decrease the Font Size and/or to change the Font styles?

Here is a response from Whistler that I received some time ago. See if this does anything:
Right click on the shortcut and select Properties > Compatibility > and under settings check the box for Override high DPI scaling behavior, then select System in the drop down box and hit Apply.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber

Here is a response from Whistler that I received some time ago. See if this does anything:
Right click on the shortcut and select Properties > Compatibility > and under settings check the box for Override high DPI scaling behavior, then select System in the drop down box and hit Apply.

Thanks for sharing that method, I did not know it and it just confirms you can not do it through the EZ Scan program itself.

AC9BX

I copy and paste from a spreadsheet in to EZScan as my default method of programming. It allows me to name, set up scan lists, recording, squelch, and more as I see fit.

AC9BX

You can't paste in sites. But you can for talkgroups and conventional. I can't speak for the TRX release but for the WS10xx there's this little button, import from text file or clipboard. I have the WS1095. I simply copy what I'm working on at the spreadsheet, choose import from clipboard, change columns as sometimes needed, presto. From N1GAW's image it appears to be for the TRX models too.

Status
Not open for further replies.