Spring Lake EMS dispatch freq being heard on a Calhoun Co. freq.

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerman5000

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

I have narrowed down a user heard on the old "BCES" (Battle Creek Emergency Services) frequency in Calhoun Co; 156.105 with a 103.5hz tone.
The user has been identified as the area of Spring Lake in Ottawa Co.
I attempted to cross reference both the output and input frequencies that are licensed for BCES, and they do not align with what is being used in that area.

Has anyone else heard this? I'm curious as to why I am hearing such.

I am in SE Eaton Co.

jack3726

I looked in the RR DB, I don't see that Freq for Spring Lake. In the DB for Calhoun County there is a hit on that Freq and tone. Maybe the user is from Springfield which is a suburb of BC.

drdispatch

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
Premium Subscriber
It's Ottawa County fire dispatch, using the same frequency and PL as the Battle Creek ES "D & C" frequency. I'm hearing it 4x4 here in Battle Creek as well. Before you ask, D&C is still used for siren control and CERT here.

BSchaner

Premium Subscriber
When I saw this post I put this frequency in my scanner and I have yet to hear anything on it. My guess could be that this is the paging frequency for North Ottawa EMS since a few months ago they started to be toned by Ottawa County Central Dispatch.

drdispatch

Premium Subscriber
To be honest, I've had it in "Avoid" status for about a month because I got tired of listening to another county. I turned it back on the other day, but I haven't had much of a chance to listen because of work. What traffic I have caught was scratchy and I was driving, so I didn't catch a department name, call sign, or anything else distinctive. I'll keep listening.
I noticed it's licensed to several departments in Lenawee County; it could even be them.

scannerman5000

Premium Subscriber
To be honest, I've had it in "Avoid" status for about a month because I got tired of listening to another county. I turned it back on the other day, but I haven't had much of a chance to listen because of work. What traffic I have caught was scratchy and I was driving, so I didn't catch a department name, call sign, or anything else distinctive. I'll keep listening.
I noticed it's licensed to several departments in Lenawee County; it could even be them.

For Lenawee County, that was their old county dispatch frequency.

drdispatch

Premium Subscriber
When I saw this post I put this frequency in my scanner and I have yet to hear anything on it. My guess could be that this is the paging frequency for North Ottawa EMS since a few months ago they started to be toned by Ottawa County Central Dispatch.
That would make 3 frequencies that Ottawa and Calhoun have in common. 154.250 and 154.160 are the others. If you listen to the Battle Creek/Calhoun County feed on Broadcastify, you'll also hear Ottawa.

Status
Not open for further replies.