Spring, Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

oneeyebear

Premium Subscriber
Recently moved to Spring, TX. Unfortunately I am noticing that most of my area seems to be P25 Phase 2. Does anyone living in the Spring area have any advice on interesting channels to monitor? Am I not going to be able to get public safety?

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Phase II Harris County

Recently moved to Spring, TX. Unfortunately I am noticing that most of my area seems to be P25 Phase 2. Does anyone living in the Spring area have any advice on interesting channels to monitor? Am I not going to be able to get public safety?

Yes, it would be wise to set aside some money for a Phase II scanner. But, there are plenty of other things to listen to in Harris County.

You can also listen to Phase II Talk Groups from Houston PD provided you follow the Wiki associated with such. If you follow these directions then you can hear Houston, Texas. Houston Police and Fire P25 - The RadioReference Wiki

Harris County S.O. has employed far less encryption & Phase II with their various talk groups.

Finally, there is a lot of Federal radio traffic in the Houston area. Some of this radio traffic operates in the clear.

As far as other municipalities in Harris County, I see where some of them have recently migrated to Phase II.

So, I suppose a Phase II scanner will be needed in the near future.

Last edited:

rbarker

Robert
155.17500 Spring ISD Buses Buses FM Schools
453.12500 EMS Dispatch (Cypress Creek EMS) EMS Dispatch
453.10000 Fire Dispatch - East (Spring VFD, Ponderosa VFD, Northeast VFD) FM Fire Dispatch
461.90000 Spring Tactical - Spring VFD FM Fire-Tac
461.57500 SpringVFDAdm Spring VFD - Administration

Status
Not open for further replies.