Springfield Fire Ems Dept

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbud42010

this might sound weird but i have been hearing all the springfield appratus pulling back into the station houses every once in a while i hear (example) medic 2 backing- (reply) come on back 2 and you hear beeping ive also heard engine 8 medic 2 and medic 8 but get this they are digtial not encryted why would they go analog just to say engine 8 backing come on back 8???

Last edited:

andyishere

You are correct about hearing them back up, however they are not on Dispatch or Tac channel. They are on Citywide Channel 1
1569 12-041 A CITY- WD1 CITYWIDE 1 Interop

andyishere

My guess is so everyone knows they are backing up, and not to tie up a Fire Channel just to back up.

jerk

My guess is so everyone knows they are backing up, and not to tie up a Fire Channel just to back up.

Having a spotter is a safety requirement for most FD's, insurance companies, and NFPA best practices recommendation. Still have firefighters hurt and killed occasionally, not to mention apparatus and building dmage.

Just using the radio to communicate what they are doing.
In the old days, some FD's had a button you could push (when riding the tailboard) 1=go, 2=stop, 3=backup. :eek: 4= for bubba fell off.

bigbud42010

we are not talking about them having a spotter we are talking about them switching to analog just to tell the spotter they are backing up its pointless becuz they would be tieing up the freqs no matter if they use dig or analog

bigbud42010

well at 2 13am 4/5/2010 i got a transmission on my scanner it was 1583 or 12-057 i dont have afs code yet on my scanner so it came up 1583 its the city police commucations or dispatch center i heard a open dispatch mic for at least a full minute i heard dispatchers and someone take a phone call. well here in springfield police are dig not analog i just think its crazy that the city has been coming in on analog i dont have a dig scanner by the way

andyishere

I got asked...

Okay, some guy saw my scanner and asked if I can hear Springfield PD and FD(Division) and I said no. I said I would have to buy a radio like theirs and use it. He then asked if you can buy a radio like theirs and listen, I didn't know what to tell him! So, Are you allowed to get a radio like theirs and program it? I would think not because you could transmit.
Question: Are you allowed to get a radio like theirs and program it?

SCPD

QRT
fire dept comm

Please decribe in detail what you have that may be receiving Springfield comm, unless you are an EMA member. And my next question is why wont an EMA member hook up to RR and allow all of us to monitor Springfield Communications.
We all want to hear and the private conversation between your group only whets the appetite. Webmaster, am I correct??

andyishere

Please decribe in detail what you have that may be receiving Springfield comm, unless you are an EMA member. And my next question is why wont an EMA member hook up to RR and allow all of us to monitor Springfield Communications.
We all want to hear and the private conversation between your group only whets the appetite. Webmaster, am I correct??

1. I am not EMA
2. Probably because they are not allowed to let someone listen to the Communication.
3. No conversations occur. We are using our scanners to monitor City Service, County Sheriff and some Analog Transmissions by the City.

SCPD

QRT
Sounds like the city is utilizing this 800 system to put patches on all county departments where they may use Haz mat. It beats putting in another console like Sheriff did for Interoperability issues. Wouldn't be a bit surprised to see most township dept switch over to a patch, at least those where the city does mutual aid with them. Rebanding is occurring so who knows what may come across as analog and vice versa.

andyishere

The other night I was talking to two Officers and they said that the Division might end up looking into a smaller compact Radio.

bigbud42010

yea hey andy if we had a ma/com edacs provoice capable scanner we could listen its not encrypted so its legal and i hope they put some patches on Springfield TRS we are one of the cities that dont have patches on our TRS i hope they get a bunch of problems and have to switch to analog that would be awesome its good to know whats going on in the city

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
yea hey andy if we had a ma/com edacs provoice capable scanner we could listen its not encrypted so its legal and i hope they put some patches on Springfield TRS we are one of the cities that dont have patches on our TRS i hope they get a bunch of problems and have to switch to analog that would be awesome its good to know whats going on in the city

bigbud42010,

I realize that you are fairly new to board here, but please learn to type messages correctly. There is no need for your messages to look like a run-on text message. Use capitalization where appropriate and punctuation for goodness sake. Periods and commas make a world of difference on how your posts
will be perceived and responded to. Please show some consideration to the other members of the board here.

Thanks,
Mark
Ohio Forum Moderator
Database Administrator

kf8yk

why would they go analog just to say engine 8 backing come on back 8???

When our department starting using digital radios, the apparatus drivers did not like the latency or delay in the digital audio while backing the apparatus. The concern was by the time they hear "stop" over the radio they would have hit something. Perhaps the use of an analog talkgroup is Springfields answer to this problem, we now use an analog simplex fireground channel for backing the trucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.