Springfield Fire Ems Dept

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbud42010

they have been dig since 2002 and i have had a scanner since januarary and i have not heard at all til a week ago so i think there radios edacs provoice dig system is failing which is awesome they need to be analog

SCPD

QRT
Springfield leaders did a major disservice to the community with this system, as well as telling any neighborhood watch people Thanks for nothing. I tried a few years back to get media and others involved as to the right to hear what your city is doing.When your leaders leave you out in the cold they tend to think since no one hears what they are doing, they can do what they want.
The digital radios are not easy to listen to and they look like a brick. And should they drop digital to go analong that would be a major win for all.
Would it be monitorable on the newer GRE and Bearcat radios that monitor MARCS? Andif I have an EMA person answer, can you put your radio on RR for SPD & fire??

Springfield leaders did a major disservice to the community with this system, as well as telling any neighborhood watch people Thanks for nothing. I tried a few years back to get media and others involved as to the right to hear what your city is doing.When your leaders leave you out in the cold they tend to think since no one hears what they are doing, they can do what they want.
The digital radios are not easy to listen to and they look like a brick. And should they drop digital to go analong that would be a major win for all.
Would it be monitorable on the newer GRE and Bearcat radios that monitor MARCS? Andif I have an EMA person answer, can you put your radio on RR for SPD & fire??

As a former resident & frequent visitor of Springfield who has family still there and all around the Miami Valley there are many different sides to this issue. Having personal friends who have retired from Springfield Fire there was a point & time at least one loaded weapon was carried on board for the safety of all.

The move to digital cuts 2 ways and one of those ways are those from neighborhood watch groups feeling left out. Unfortunately the overall relationship between law enforcement in general and the taxpayers of Springfield & Clark County to say the least has been rocky over the years. This is a perfect example of the decline of a city whose manufacturing base was the heart and soul of it's tax base. I still remember when the IH plant was in full swing and load after load of school buses where driven out of town right past my grandparent's house.

andyishere

As a former resident & frequent visitor of Springfield who has family still there and all around the Miami Valley there are many different sides to this issue. Having personal friends who have retired from Springfield Fire there was a point & time at least one loaded weapon was carried on board for the safety of all.

The move to digital cuts 2 ways and one of those ways are those from neighborhood watch groups feeling left out. Unfortunately the overall relationship between law enforcement in general and the taxpayers of Springfield & Clark County to say the least has been rocky over the years. This is a perfect example of the decline of a city whose manufacturing base was the heart and soul of it's tax base. I still remember when the IH plant was in full swing and load after load of school buses where driven out of town right past my grandparent's house.

Oh yeah they had their reasons as to go Digital! They had a officer shot in 2001, after the call went out over the scanner people started to show up and to see the officer that was shot! I officer survived the incident after being shot in his Throat.

jerk

Oh yeah they had their reasons as to go Digital! They had a officer shot in 2001, after the call went out over the scanner people started to show up and to see the officer that was shot! I officer survived the incident after being shot in his Throat.

Ding ding ding... we have a winner!

Exactly one big unstated reason, scanner listeners show up...
saying "I heard an accident on the scanner or I heard this and so I came to make sure it's not daughter, wife, car, or just wanted to see this"
Scanner listeners are often their own worst enemies to the hobby.

Ding ding ding... we have a winner!

Exactly one big unstated reason, scanner listeners show up...
saying "I heard an accident on the scanner or I heard this and so I came to make sure it's not daughter, wife, car, or just wanted to see this"
Scanner listeners are often their own worst enemies to the hobby.

I started out as a child in station #1 on the bay floors at Springfield Fire and from the time my visits started there the word was "we don't mind people being concerned or curious just don't get in the way or complicate our jobs by not listening" and over my many years of having engaged in this hobby it that still rings true.

There is another thread running about Findlay pd switching to digital encrypted that has quite a few people unhappy and my deputy friend near there has another angle as that being more of a show of dollars & cents in the end. With minimal effort that digital signal in any particular group can be switched to encrypted in the dispatching center which has been verified by others than who post here at RR. I'm all about firefighter & police officer safety as well.

I understand there are some out there who have engaged in using these scanners for unlawful purposes and it makes those who are honestly concerned difficult to stay in the game. Still in the end these public agencies need to remember how when they need information about a situation of which they've no leads to work from keep cutting off the taxpayers whom they want to help them could find a cold shoulder being turned to them leaving them in a bad spot.

The actions like this of those within Clark County & Springfield government is a reason fewer young people are choosing to put their roots down making their homes there. Once again this just didn't start to happen last week this has been a long time coming. I remember the day my aunt was chased home by a gang of individuals during the race riots looking to stomp her for being the wrong color near what used to be Grayhill Elementary. All I can say is good luck gang.

bigbud42010

clark county sheriff would have their own trs system just like dayton, columbus and etc i wish they would cuz more likely they would use the motorola type II smartnet hopefully cuz they already use motorola radios they should becuz then they wouldnt get interference from preble county and they would cover each other when they have traffic

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
clark county sheriff would have their own trs system just like dayton, columbus and etc i wish they would cuz more likely they would use the motorola type II smartnet hopefully cuz they already use motorola radios they should becuz then they wouldnt get interference from preble county and they would cover each other when they have traffic

Motorola Smartnet systems are no longer available. It's Astro25 digital or nothing.

SCPD

QRT
City tts and so

Back a few years ago the city wanted someone to help share the cost of this system just glad he refused and stayed VHF and then the two fire would have been reqd to switch over. The cost factor of portables is what I was told was the dissuading factor!
I am sure when economy gets better we will be on a push to make a switch to a new and improved radio but now I am enjoying it while you can what. With inter op radios.
Ccso does a good job with what they have and the use of cell phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.