Springfield Fire (Union) New

Status
Not open for further replies.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
Look for changes at Springfield Fire this week or next.

Including an additional repeater (low profile) 453.3875.

This will supplement 453.950.

Bronco90

Premium Subscriber
Including an additional repeater (low profile) 453.3875.

This will supplement 453.950.

So far I am still picking them up on 453.950.
Why another repeater, I have been picking them up with 5-bars here in Roselle. Is low profile something special?

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Just FWIW. Looking at the license (WNKC767) in the ULS, it appears that the application for modification was submitted May of 2011, and was for the addition of the frequency mentioned above with an input of 458.3875. It lists 100 pager units, and the emission designator indicates FMN.

I'm assuming by low-profile you mean not supposed to be a big deal. But what is it? Fire ground, secondary dispatch?

Bronco90

Premium Subscriber
I'm assuming by low-profile you mean not supposed to be a big deal. But what is it? Fire ground, secondary dispatch?

No you mentioned something about low profile and I was just wondering does low profile mean something like low power or something else, this is all new to me. And about pagers, maybe they are going to better ones or something because they depend on pagers more then most other paid FD's. (Regular alarm, special alarm) Maybe low profile has something to do with pagers? I listen to them all the time and they are like my town's FD, Roselle, not sure they really need a fire ground or secondary but you never know, maybe they got some grant money for it. I will tell ya one thing, they have a very good setup right now I think. I hear them better then and clearer then some other towns closer to me.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
Union Cty FX1

There is a thread about this, down a few topics.

Union County has filed for about 8 STA's or FX1 for remote bases to
get into these various repeaters.

Status
Not open for further replies.