Springfield / Greene County switch over to MOSWIN info

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRsTheMAN

Heard an update from a good source that lots of radios have been switched out to the MOSWIN radios with the old Motorola Type II SmartZone programmed in. In October, they will switch to MOSWIN and all radios will be programmed (not sure how long that will take). Springfield PD received new radios but Greene County Sheriff received used radios. Has anyone heard something similar?

foster_006

Heard an update from a good source that lots of radios have been switched out to the MOSWIN radios with the old Motorola Type II SmartZone programmed in. In October, they will switch to MOSWIN and all radios will be programmed (not sure how long that will take). Springfield PD received new radios but Greene County Sheriff received used radios. Has anyone heard something similar?
I know I see a lot of shiny new APX radios used by firefighters for the last several months. They have not yet been programmed for MOSWIN, but they are in use on the current analog trunked system. I'm not sure in terms of timeline for deployment, but most of the activity on Zone 4 has been radio techs testing. I was able to identify several talk groups from their testing, but there is still a lot of work to do it seems. Currently on UniTrunker, Zone 4 shows as having no neighboring sites with about 70 radio id's and over 200 talk groups logged.

The last thing I heard (which was a long time ago), projected deployment of early Spring 2021. That appears to be wrong.

KA0KDW

City utility has started migrating over to the new stusrem. So slow progress is being made. Non essential comma will move first, followed by fire/EMS, follows by law enforcement. Not sure if it will actually show any zone 1 sites as neighbors when complete though. All traffic on the current system will only be heard on the 800 freqs wuen system is complete. MSHP is supposed to be able to be heard on the 800 as well. Which would really be the biggest change as far as traffic heard once the new system is complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.