Springs VA for Weld/ 3A roll over?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warbirdhunter

There was a fatal roll over this morning in Weld. When the 3A trooper asked for a VA, he was told they would be coming from the Springs. Don't they have VA's closer to Weld county then the Springs? Or does CSP have their own VA's around the state?:confused:

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
I'm sure Troop will set us straight, but I don't think CSP has VAs. I think they come from city or county agencies. Was he maybe referring to ART?

Warbirdhunter

I'm sure Troop will set us straight, but I don't think CSP has VAs. I think they come from city or county agencies. Was he maybe referring to ART?

No this trooper asked for the Weld corner, a VA and a Weld County SO unit to secure the scene. The Dispatcher came back saying the VA would be from the Springs and if he still wanted it..He said no. Maybe it's like their tow list? They just use other agency's?

Tazcop

CSP has their own VA's, they are top notch. They work close with the local VA's.

Tazcop

That I dont know, the one who has helped out in my area told me that she is available Statewide. Who knows with budget cuts, Im sure they reach out to the local VA's for assist.
Maybe Troop knows.

Jim

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
So the VA they where talking about, would that of been a CSP VA? And they don't have any closer then the Springs?

Yes they were probably referring to CSP VA and of course like anything they take call and the closest available last night may have been from the Springs area.

Jim<

jfab

I had a CSP VA come into my school one time who said she was assigned to Troop 3C. She showed us some pretty gruesome pictures of people that had been killed in DUI accidents. She made it sound like she was assigned to 3C but could respond where ever she was needed.

Maybe this will help, Charles?
Colorado State Patrol

Troop

Each district has a VA.....VA1 thru VA6.....Usually when a VA is out of town they have a volunteer VA to cover for them.....I'm thinking in this case they called VA3 but she was out of the area maybe in the springs?

they wouldnt call a district 2 VA to do a district 3 job....

Warbirdhunter

Each district has a VA.....VA1 thru VA6.....Usually when a VA is out of town they have a volunteer VA to cover for them.....I'm thinking in this case they called VA3 but she was out of the area maybe in the springs?

they wouldnt call a district 2 VA to do a district 3 job....

I have no idea Troop. But thank for taking the time to respond Sir!

Status
Not open for further replies.