sprint safety (Texas City) Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmartin

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone out there had any luck with monitoring or figured out LCNs for the Sprint safety Texas city site ?
I have been trying on my TRX-1 but the site won't download to a scan list ! i'm
guessing because the LCNs are not confirmed
so i added a wildcard TG to a scan list to see what happens and am currently parked
on the wildcard TG i have also put the frequencies for the system in conventional mode
into a separate scan list to see if i get any activity..i also have the record feature turned on
for the wildcard as well as the conventional frequencies i monitor them separately at different
times but so far nothing ! HELP ! can anyone figure this system out ?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Has anyone out there had any luck with monitoring or figured out LCNs for the Sprint safety Texas city site ?
I have been trying on my TRX-1 but the site won't download to a scan list ! i'm
guessing because the LCNs are not confirmed
so i added a wildcard TG to a scan list to see what happens and am currently parked
on the wildcard TG i have also put the frequencies for the system in conventional mode
into a separate scan list to see if i get any activity..i also have the record feature turned on
for the wildcard as well as the conventional frequencies i monitor them separately at different
times but so far nothing ! HELP ! can anyone figure this system out ?
"Confirmed LCN's" do not matter on the Whistler scanners like the TRX-1. They do not actually track the system, and instead check the programmed frequencies for activity.

You cannot "import the system" because there are no talkgroups listed for it. What you need to do is use the "Import Selected Channels" option once you go to Galveston County and select the system you want.

EZ-Scan import the frequencies as a Site (for the system) and add a Wildcard. Using the wildcard, you would hear anything on that system. Once you begin to identify individual TGIDs as far as who is using them (or what they are used for), then you can add them to the system. Be sure and submit what you find to the database.

If you set the Wildcard to "Record", you'll start collecting whatever traffic there is on the system. Then use the Audio option of EZ-Scan to play them for reveiw. If you sort the recordings by TGID, then you can select a range of recording ands play them. Listening to a string of them, all on the same Talkgroup, may help in identifying the user (or usage) of that TGID.

kmartin

Premium Subscriber
OK cool will do i will monitor the wildcard id that i have programmed and park on it with record on to see
if i get anything and will post anything i find thanks !

Status
Not open for further replies.