SPVM unite ESUP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirk23

Pierrefonds (West Island Montreal) Qc Canada
i came accross a police operation today in Ste.Genevieve PDQ 3.
there was a plain white impala non-lettre there but with undercover lights in front & rear windows.
in the rear side windows it was marked ESUP.. 1 uniformed officer and a female civilian,
i was able to find out by the SPVM website it a Physco-Social intervention unit ESUP (Équipe de soutien aux urgences psychosociales),

does any body know what their unit radio ID call # is?

and what channel are they dispatched on?

today there arrival was within 2-3 mins of the 1st PDQ 3 cars arriving..the ESUP car arrived even before the backup car from PDQ 4.. so that means they had to be in the general area when the call came out.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
1 uniformed officer and a female civilian,
i was able to find out by the SPVM website it a Physco-Social intervention unit ESUP (Équipe de soutien aux urgences psychosociales),

No help from me, but as a former EMT (for Urgences Sante when it was still new) and Paramedic (in the Boston area), Bravo!

Psych calls (10-43 back in the day) were the worst. You were either scared of being attacked or depressed at how pathetic some people's lives were or just annoyed because we were (at the time at least - not in EMS now) unequipped to deal with that kind of thing.

kirk23

Pierrefonds (West Island Montreal) Qc Canada
Peter..
Not alot known about this unit by regular patrol constables. .the ones I have spoke to about ESUP either didn't even know it existed..or if they did had no idea what their protocol was or how to get ahold of them..they assume it's all handled by the X-85's (supervisors). I agree with you though..the concept of such a unit is a good idea..

Status
Not open for further replies.