Squelch settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
On the BCD536HP squelch settings I have to set mine on S2 so it'll take away the noise on S1 is this normal when you have the squelch on S1? On my 996XT it was silent on S1. Is there something I need to change in the settings so I can use S1 instead of S2?

davenlr

Premium Subscriber
The value of the components used in the squelch circuit between different radios may make the visual settings vary. If you can scan over conventional frequencies at S2 without it stopping, but it stops when using S1, then S2 is going to be the same actual value as your other scanners S1 setting. Its just a relative number anyway. I highly doubt you would even notice and difference between one step of squelch, unless you are monitoring a signal right at the edge of your range, and then the audio would be so noisy it probably would not be very enjoyable to listen to anyway.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
I was only wondering would it make a difference on S1 and S2 I just don't want to miss anything from listening to Military Air when scanning.

SCPD

QRT
I was only wondering would it make a difference on S1 and S2 I just don't want to miss anything from listening to Military Air when scanning.

If you just listen to Mill and it does not stop on everything the you are good to go.
On the other Hand if it stops on everything with just noise your are to low and go up one.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
If you just listen to Mill and it does not stop on everything the you are good to go.
On the other Hand if it stops on everything with just noise your are to low and go up one.

Okay great thank you for that information. I mostly listen to Military air, ICE and CBP.

Wally46

Feed Provider
I don't know how you guys can have your squelch on 2. I tried that and it keeps stopping on certain frequencies and making stupid noises.

Wally46

Feed Provider
I have a scanner antenna 25 feet up on my tower and I have to have my squelch turned all the way up on my 536.

JamesO

I have a scanner antenna 25 feet up on my tower and I have to have my squelch turned all the way up on my 536.

I don't know how you guys can have your squelch on 2. I tried that and it keeps stopping on certain frequencies and making stupid noises.

You should not need the squelch turned all the way up.

If the scanner is stopping on something that is a "stupid noise" this is likely some form of data.

So you need to figure out what kind of data you are dealing with and either lock out the Frequency or Talk Group or see if you can enable tone squelch somehow.

You need to record the noise and post the recording along with the frequency and location and maybe someone can tell you what the "noise" is, but it is most likely date or encrypted audio of some form.

Status
Not open for further replies.