squelch wont turn off

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitbr

squelch wont turn off 536hp

Is there a way to turn the squelch off to listen to the data channel on a trunked system on the bcd536hp?

Last edited:

LiquidPandora

Is there a way to turn the squelch off to listen to the data channel on a trunked system on the bcd536hp?

Ya I have noticed that too... you turn it to zero and it will sit there and think about it... I have also noticed the sound does strange things the same way... if you don't break the squelch and screw with the volume I have found myself sitting for hours in silence just to go OH ****! and fix it and then you hear it... Garbage tech

mitbr

I listen to the data channel on the 996xt and home patrol 1 to determine when tropo skip comes in to listen to distant trunking systems and to select the strongest site on simulcast systems.

I tried this on the 536hp and the squelch wont open.

I wonder if this could be fixed in firmware?
Tim

JoeyC

Of course you can listen to a control channel on the x36 scanners. Program it as a conventional item and listen away. If that's what floats your boat. I doubt there will be any firmware change to make a control channel audible when listening to a trunked system. That would not make any sense.

mitbr

Hi Joey.
I never thought of that thanks for the suggestion although it is still a work around.
I don't want to hear the data channel when scanning a trunked system either lol.
I just want to be able to hear it by selectively opening the squelch.

phask

Premium Subscriber
I use a HP1 - and on it it's about 3 key presses to hear the control channel.

I'd think there is something similar.

Pause on trunked system - advanced - site info - choose site - site freq. -select

This may be added when analyze comes out , but I'd be surprised there is something an HP1 does that these can't.

mitbr

I use a HP1 - and on it it's about 3 key presses to hear the control channel.

I'd think there is something similar.

Pause on trunked system - advanced - site info - choose site - site freq. -select

This may be added when analyze comes out , but I'd be surprised there is something an HP1 does that these can't.

I also have the hp1 and it is nice to be able to hear the data channel on it.
I guess we can hope that the analyze feature will add this in the 536hp they are both similar in design.

Status
Not open for further replies.