SR-5 hot this evening in Austin

Status
Not open for further replies.

VintageJon

Very interesting action on the APCO25 APD listening this evening.
Street Response-5, (SR-5), is HOT with drugs and whores. They finally mentioned "Working Girl" on Cameron Rd. and I am confused as the Database shows SR-5 to be David-SW yet Cameron Rd. is in the Edward-NE sector.

Can anyone shed light on my confusion for location??
I know there is more dope and whores NE than SW but I'm confused why the Database shows this as David. Am I reading it wrong?

73's,
Jon

225Texas

The database is full of inaccuracies. Hopefully we can start to update it.

VintageJon

225Texas,
Thanks for the reply! I'll start trying to jot-down where the SR Units are in relation to their #'s.
I'll send it to the boss when I get a few, or all...

73's,
Jon

mikepro96fan

Hey Jon, the SR talkgroups are definately exciting! I mailnly listen to those, as well as TC
Swat, and CIB also!! Sometimes I'll hear them ask "are you on b?" on an SR talkgroup..
I listen to my scanner through my home stereo via aux jack.. My speakers have great base!!

225Texas

I try to update as soon as I can confirm the use of the frequency (over a period of time). Some people (no one in particular) hurry and submit as soon as they hear the frequency for a minute. That is why we end up with so many useless frequencies. My other peeve is obsolete information. If it is obsolete, then take it off the database and replace it with more updated frequencies. No need to keep it there just wasting precious space.

VintageJon

225Texas- yeah, that's why I'm trying to build a current database...

mikepro96fan- yeah, I listen on the provided speker at home and sometimes through the Dynaco HiFi at the shop. Very nice audio through the HiFi as it runs a pair of JBL 116 with
compression tweets. Plays CD's better than the home modern system... In fact this old tube girl is my fav HiFi amp. Running 5R4WGB, RCA 6L6GB matched pair, Telefunken and Philips mil-spec pre-amp tubes and phase inverter. But I'm sure I digress into the realm of
tube type that few of us understand...

Alas, no SR action this evening. I think we should all record the talkgroup # also. This will make it a lot more useful for the update. Always listening- now I have a mission...

73's to all,
Jon

225Texas

I don't hear Harris County/Houston chasing hoes and crack heads either. Am I missing out on some good frequencies? Waller County-Hempstead PD starting to see some action routinely on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights.

VintageJon, PM when it is up. If you allow, I'll help by PMing some frequencies and talkgroups, etc...

VintageJon

OK, here's my latest improvement for Project SR which I hope will eventually ID all SR units and the parts of Austin they are in.

The Plan- have programed all SR units into the 2 Pro96 banks it takes with every tower for every SR #. Listening to them and it's amazing. THey arer always active!

Advise this method as you will hear little and have to press hold if you are tracking everything.

Don't know about Cedar Park, but I'm sure Houston is full of Hoes and Crack. Try programming yer SR units by ID in one bank- or whatever it takes bank-wise...

73's,
Jon

Last edited:

VintageJon

It gets even more weird! (Fortunately my Cleared For Weird status in Intact.)

What seemed like my "master-plan" reveals many things are not as expected.

SR-8 really seems to be Manor Rd. and the vicinity. (Intact from limited reception, though there is a Frank report noted!) Hummmm, questions arise...

SR-1 seems to be Stassney and points SE Austin, BUT SR-1 also shows up as Mopac in front of Luby's, which would put it as SR-2 on Woodhollow, which is clearly Northwest Hiills! (Woodhollow also shows up as SR-2 reception... This is clearly Northwest Hills....)

SR-9 showed as 2400 Lamar. (Huh? North or South Lamar???)

SR-5 so far seems to be Charlie on Cameron Rd- so far. (Everything may change...)

Perhaps my Master Plan for programming-all-SR-units-with-all-repeaters-on-all-control-channels was not a worthy effort... (seemed like a good idea at the time, with the Pro 96.)

Project SR ID continues.
-Jon

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
Ya know Jon, I guess I always thought there was a one to one correspondence between the patrol sectors and the SR channels. In other words, I thought A would SR-1, B to SR-2, C to SR-3 ,etc, etc. I didn't really get this from the DB but from the Patrol Zone/Mode Config chart. Is it not working out this way?

I hardly ever hear anything on these chanels, but that may be because I have too many other channels (talkgroups) programmed and it skips over them. Do you think these are also only appearing on the fill in sites becuase they are not typically used over a wide area? I may have to completely reconsider the way I have my radio programmed.

Thanks for taking the time to try to nail them down. I know how addicting that is. I kind of got stuck on the LCRA thing and I'm still addicted to that one.

Russell

mikepro96fan

I believe the ( SR) talkgroups are used on a first come first serve basis...not by sector..Do any of you guys listen to the CIB talkgroups?? Why is usually one side of the conversation encrypted??
I't gets annoying listening to CIB..I heard CIB 01012 on tower 867.21250..Pretty strange
as I thought you can only hear the SR and CIB talkgroups on Simulcast 1 only, same with CRIT and SWAT..etc..How come the other simulcast sites besides 1 & 2 come in very very clear? I live off of 2222/Jester and get 99% signal on Simulcast 1 and 2!! I mainly listen to SR, CIB, CRIT, SWAT, W Tac, APD Adam, Adam So :)
Anyone interested in meeting up again this month??

VintageJon

Well, it gets weirder. I figured the SR Talk-groups were coupled to sectors and I understood Win96 Talk-Groups, this is apparently not the case!
In my Master Plan I got water main failure as SRx... (Dooh! as the Homer sez...)

Really trying to come-up with a way to monitor these with ID's. Unfortunetly I can't see the past-and-excellent posts to this thread. Will probably have to edit...

Thanks for the posts and 73's,
-Jon

VintageJon

MikePrO69 fan- encryted is either Narc or Surveilance Command. You just have to listen as the units-in-field are usually open, (!!!), and you can decode it from these units! It is an aggrivation that requires patience.

Russel- trying to come-up-with-better-plan as Master Plan seems unproductive. Master Plan is saved but have reverted to previous load!
You just have to lock-and-listen to sort it out.
Best of luck with LRCA, let us know. I have in-laws who are life-long LCRA folks and I intend to get into that after I get past the DPS/APD thing.
(Of course, I'm still waiting for "re-banding" to occur as this may change everything...)

At best, programming a Pro96 is a good trick, even with Win96, to get an accurate Talk Group ID. Will keep working as I think I can do this eventually...

73's
Jon

rbarker

Robert
I was told that there are no specific Street Response "districts" with regard to the talkgroups, however they tend to use the one closest to the sector channels so they can flip over to the B side of their radios and get on the nearest sector channel to ask for a marked unit or run a 28/29. So Units working in Adam sector would most likely be on SR1 or SR 2. Older officer however a set in their ways and Frank used to be Channel 1 so they may also use SR1 out of habit. Who knows?
I am also aware that there are some DIRECT frequencies that are sometimes used. These would be frequencies that are not trunked. I have heard units say things like "go to B" and even heard Austin Energy say, "Go to Direct 1". Keep and ear out for those. I went though the licenses and found these frequencies that ARE licensed but do not seem to be part of the trunked system and would most likely be used for these uses:
866.0375 Morse Code ID
866.2625 Supposed to be Davis Intellirepeater site but not being used
866.6125 Supposed to be Davis Intellirepeater site but not being used
868.525 n
868.825 Morse Code ID
868.875 More Code ID
I put them into my radio and labeled them as direct 1, direct 2, etc so I could go back and find them easier later. Let me know if you hear anything on them and I may have accidentally listed some that are part of the trunked systems so let me know if they are so we can update the Radio Reference listing.

Last edited:

VintageJon

rbaker- Thank you, Sir!
I believe I have most of the 866MHz and 868MHz in there, as control channels for Travis County... (Will check you list for any ommisions on my part.)

I discovered this evening that I hadn't filled out the trunking info over on the right side of the Win96! DOOUUUHHH! Does seem to be working better since I did that...

"there are no specific Street Response "districts" - I suspect you are correct. I'm listening to SR-3 and the ID is showing 990, while I have 971 programed for SR-3! Reckon they are on 990 as that's where they were... (Ida Dispatch is 990 and they were in Ida...)

73's
Jon

Last edited:

rbarker

Robert
With Win96 you only need the control channels.

There might still be a lot of confusion, since I think some people are locking on frequencies and not talkgroups. For Simulcast 1, your Pro-96 or PRO-2096 (base) needs only 1 frequency programmed into that bank. The control channel for Simulcast 1 is 866.2875; Make sure the TYPE is set to MOT and the frequency RX Mode is MOT and you are good to go. Assuming the Closed box is not checked, your scanner will receive every single talkgroup that is transmitted on the Simulcast 1 system. You can list the top 150 talkgroups that you want to either give an Alpha Tag for or to lock out.
Radio Reference lists 3 other possible control channels (in blue) for Simulcast 1, but it has not changed in over a year. At the very most, you would only need those 4 controls channels in the bank you want to hear as Simulcast 1. Again, make sure each of the 4 frequencies Rx Mode is set to MOT

I'm listening to SR-3 and the ID is showing 990, while I have 971 programmed for SR-3! -That's impossible. Adam sector is on talkgroup 971. Street Response 3 is on talkgroup 976. Ida sector is on talkgroup 990. It sounds like you may have mislabeled your talkgroups.

For Simulcast 2, there are also 4 control channels although 866.1375 has been it for over a year. Those would be the only 4 you would need to put in to hear Simulcast 2 talkgroups, assuming you set the type to MOT in both the RX Mode next to each of the 4 frequencies and also the pull down is set to MOT. You cannot monitor Simulcast 1 and Simulcast 2 from the same bank. they have to be in different banks, using the Pro-96 or Pro-2096. I have no idea about the BCD396T.

Last edited:

VintageJon

Humm, apparently I need to check my data again as I appear to have misprogrammed!

Thanks,
Jon

VintageJon

rbaker- having re-read our last two posts and checked the Win96 folder I have in there and the RR Database, I think we agree!

"990 3de D IDA APD Dispatch Ida (North Central)" and that's what I have in there!

Having screwed-up this programing so many times I assumed I did it again, but I think I have it right...

73's,
Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.