SR30C Volume

jmartin99

I recently purchased the SR30C to use at NASCAR, IndyCar and local short track races. The volume turned all the way up is very faint...is there a way to increase the volume on this model?

Thanks!

Jeff

jmartin99

I should have added...I am using headphones I bought at the track a number of years ago. And the volume on the headphones are turned all the way up.
I believe this is a common issue because I have a friend that bought a new scanner(Same brand but different model) at the track a week ago and the guy told him the volume had been modified to be louder...

JoeBearcat

Uniden Representative
Make sure you are using the correct plug (stereo). You may be shorting out the audio amp.

jmartin99

Make sure you are using the correct plug (stereo). You may be shorting out the audio amp.
So I believe my headphones are mono, although I hear the scanner in both ears. The headphone plug only has one black ring on it... I will try stereo headphones and see if the volume is better.

jmartin99

I used my daughters noise cancelling beats headphones and an aux cable and it appears that was the issue. With the volume still turned to max, I adjusted the squelch and it was very loud! I am going to Atlanta next weekend for the NASCAR races and will use those headphones.

Thanks!