SRFECC Dispatching West Sac??

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
Just heard Fire Dispatch doing a tone test on 154.1900 and 153.8900 for West Sac station 45.

Are they going to start dispatching for West Sac?

SignalSeeker

Premium Subscriber
That would be strange. My feed does West Sac PD and Fire. They do penty of dispatching, including engine WSFD 45. Could it have been some sort of mutual aid or a test?

Justin

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
Could it have been some sort of mutual aid or a test?

I'm not sure.

I heard some traffic on WSF 1 on the SRRCS talking about the sacramento county radio tech being at station 45 and a short time after I started hearing tone tests for West Sac station 45 on both 154.1900 and 153.8900. Never heard an actual tone just Fire Dispatch saying "testing tones for West Sac station 45". They did it about 4-5 times over about 2 hours time.

k6scm

Just a shot in the dark but is it possible they were testing something related to D.A.R.T. (Drowning Accident Rescue Team)?

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
I was not paying attention as to whether it was on 153.890 or 154.190 but I did hear tones to test several stations in WS over the course of the past couple of days.

There have been a couple of recent fires where mutual aid has been called. My take on this is that Sac Fire will be able to trigger WS tones for future mutual aid dispatches.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
My take on this is that Sac Fire will be able to trigger WS tones for future mutual aid dispatches.

At first I was kind of thinking along those lines also but I know most dispatch centers don't like giving up much control over the stations/units they dispatch so I would be a little surprised if the YECA would let the SRFECC do that.

I would almost be less surprised if the SRFECC took over West Sac Fire dispatching from the YECA. West Sac Fire is on the SRRCS and as you said they do run a lot with Sac Fire, a lot more than they do with units in Yolo County.

I have also heard a lot of Sac Fire medics being dispatched into West Sac over the past several weeks.

Last edited:

clanusb

if west sac does infact move over to SRFECC...theres gonna be some identity problems with 41, 42, new sac fire 43, and 45.

my bet is that west sac will get renumbered.

Sac916

Confirmed - SRFECC does not and will not be dispatcher for West Sac - Either was mutual aid testing or "back up" testing. It's common for "sister" agencies to have a back up site/procedure for major equipment or building failures. SPD/SSD have a procedure to switch over 911 and dispatch duties to each other.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
Confirmed - SRFECC does not and will not be dispatcher for West Sac - Either was mutual aid testing or "back up" testing. It's common for "sister" agencies to have a back up site/procedure for major equipment or building failures. SPD/SSD have a procedure to switch over 911 and dispatch duties to each other.

Thank You.

Sac916

I'm in downtown sac right now.. West Sac Engine 41 was one of about six pieces of equipment dispatched to incident at 5 and N streets. obviously a Mutual aid response.

Status
Not open for further replies.