• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

APX SRX2200 upgrade

SamMori

I wanna upgrade my model 1.5 srx2200 to 3.5, I have already installed the screen and asked my friend to change the model number to 7BN(I don't know how he changed it)When I finish the part, turn on the radio, the menu, and channel don't show, the main screen still only show time battery scan...
Is this because model 3.5 have a different flash code or individual option? Or because this is an SRX combat radio so the board has some restrictions to upgrade/modify?

Attachments

• wx_camera_1679759449021.jpg
    wx_camera_1679759449021.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 27

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
It's because you did something you weren't supposed to, and used software you're not supposed to have. We don't discuss that software around here. There are other forums where this sort of thing is openly discussed, I'd suggest you find them and post there instead.

Tech21

Why did he change the model number? All you really had to do was change the board to the display board and put it back together. Like GTR8000 said, you done f'd up. Tell your "friend" to delete his software and never touch another radio again for everyone's sake.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Why did he change the model number? All you really had to do was change the board to the display board and put it back together.
Not to drag this out, but that's not correct. In order for the front display to function correctly, the model number must be changed from 5xN (1.5) to 6xN (2.5) or 7xN (3.5).

SamMori

Not to drag this out, but that's not correct. For the front display to function correctly, the model number must be changed from 5xN (1.5) to 6xN (2.5) or 7xN (3.5).
It is already changed 7bn still not working

SamMori

Why did he change the model number? All you really had to do was change the board to the display board and put it back together. Like GTR8000 said, you done f'd up. Tell your "friend" to delete his software and never touch another radio again for everyone's sake.
I will, I told him he shouldn't have this software

SamMori

It's because you did something you weren't supposed to, and used software you're not supposed to have. We don't discuss that software around here. There are other forums where this sort of thing is openly discussed, I'd suggest you find them and post there instead.
I know, also I won't do that again.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Could also be a parts mismatch between AN and BN components. The changes between versions are not just cosmetic, the VOCON and RF boards and other internal components are different in the 6000/2200 BN revision from the AN revision.

Funny how you were worried about a repaired radio breaking again, then you went and did this to it. 🤦‍♂️

BryanTheRed

Ø
Premium Subscriber
Did you re-program after the tom foolery? Do you have the channels named? Under Display in Radio Ergonomics, do you have the text size for zone and channel set to 14 and for the top display 8?

SamMori

Could also be a parts mismatch between AN and BN components. The changes between versions are not just cosmetic, the VOCON and RF boards and other internal components are different in the 6000/2200 BN revision from the AN revision.

Funny how you were worried about a repaired radio breaking again, then you went and did this to it. 🤦‍♂️
maybe the screen/keypad metal is an so it does not support the bn model?
I know this makes me look very funny, I'm afraid that it might damage again and I'll have to modify the hardware myself

SamMori

Did you re-program after the tom foolery? Do you have the channels named? Under Display in Radio Ergonomics, do you have the text size for zone and channel set to 14 and for the top display 8?
Yes I am, it's not working

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I would suggest putting the solid back plate back on the radio and hope that you didn't do any permanent harm to it. Enjoy it as a 1.5 and stop messing with software you shouldn't be messing with.

SamMori

I would suggest putting the solid back plate back on the radio and hope that you didn't do any permanent harm to it. Enjoy it as a 1.5 and stop messing with software you shouldn't be messing with.
I will,thank you for your anwser