SS911-Unknown Talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinglou0

I've been running Unitrunker again on the SS911 system (on the South Simulcast) and I have two talkgroups that I can't find any references to either here or by doing some basic Google searches.

(29)-I'm assuming it's Transit related. Real sporadic. I see radios joining the talkgroup but haven't captured any audio because they haven't made any calls(at least on my end during the week I've been running Unitrunker). I wasn't going to ask about this one but I've got a ton of captured radio IDs but zero call traffic. Either this traffic is going out to the other simulcast towers or I'm jumping the gun and should just wait to figure this one out.

(40923)-I'm thinking this is Law Enforcement with encryption enabled. Went active during a incident tonight where someone stole a car from a car dealer. I was listening to PCSO East and heard the dispatcher relaying GPS info to responding units. All of the traffic started once they were in the area of the stolen car. The (2) responding PCSO units switched to this talkgroup. It was bordering Lakewood so maybe it's an encrypted patch/talkgroup? All I know is that both of my scanners hit on it as well and just flashed the encryption flag.

I've got a couple others but I'm not seeing any indication of encryption. I'll just keep running a scan on those in hopes of recording some audio. Looking forward to finally getting some better antennas up now that I've got more free time on my hands. Really hoping to get Orting from here but I've got some terrain issues.

kinglou0

Wanted to keep this thread going with an update.

Finally got a decent amount of audio for a talkgroup that's not listed.

40010-Seems to be some type of transit security that is being run with PCSO. In the audio that I've linked to, you hear references to Tacoma Mall transit center as well as Commerce Street along with some garage. You can also hear a unit identifying as "surveillance". Activity seems to be a couple of minutes at a time then followed by several hours of silence. Also in the audio, you hear a Unit 306. That unit's radio id history also has it on PCSO East. I'll keep plugging away at this.......at least until I lose interest again;)

https://soundcloud.com/kinglou0/talkgroup-40010/s-wADXd

Wilrobnson

Rock or Something
Wanted to keep this thread going with an update.

Finally got a decent amount of audio for a talkgroup that's not listed.

40010-Seems to be some type of transit security that is being run with PCSO. In the audio that I've linked to, you hear references to Tacoma Mall transit center as well as Commerce Street along with some garage. You can also hear a unit identifying as "surveillance". Activity seems to be a couple of minutes at a time then followed by several hours of silence. Also in the audio, you hear a Unit 306. That unit's radio id history also has it on PCSO East. I'll keep plugging away at this.......at least until I lose interest again;)

https://soundcloud.com/kinglou0/talkgroup-40010/s-wADXd

Pierce Transit Police. I'm not in Washington right now, but I *think* Transit Security uses TGID 25?

kinglou0

Pierce Transit Police. I'm not in Washington right now, but I *think* Transit Security uses TGID 25?

That's what the database says. I'm having a hard time sleeping tonight so I'm uploading what I captured earlier. Radio users calling into "Transit", asking where specific coaches are, and an unruly customer on a platform. You also have "Tango" units along with numbered units. I suspect that the Tango units are the 3rd party security you see at the Tacoma Dome and Commerce Street stations. I thought they were employed by Sound Transit?

Numbered units are most likely PCSO units since their radio IDs pop up on other talkgroups. 99% sure this is a Transit Talkgroup, just need to figure out who is running it.

https://soundcloud.com/kinglou0/40010partii/s-6gHEC

Last edited:

Wilrobnson

Rock or Something
That's what the database says. I'm having a hard time sleeping tonight so I'm uploading what I captured earlier. Radio users calling into "Transit", asking where specific coaches are, and an unruly customer on a platform. You also have "Tango" units along with numbered units. I suspect that the Tango units are the 3rd party security you see at the Tacoma Dome and Commerce Street stations. I thought they were employed by Sound Transit?

IIRC, the security guards on the light rail are/were using ST's UHF frequency that comes from that little repeater along Commerce street. 453.xxxx with a tone of 156.7 (don't recall right now).

Without being home to monitor, best guess is 30digit guys are PCSD/Transit Police; Tango units are Transit Security (I think they call themselves Public Safety now).

Haven't looked at the DB, likely won't.

kinglou0

IIRC, the security guards on the light rail are/were using ST's UHF frequency that comes from that little repeater along Commerce street. 453.xxxx with a tone of 156.7 (don't recall right now).

Without being home to monitor, best guess is 30digit guys are PCSD/Transit Police; Tango units are Transit Security (I think they call themselves Public Safety now).

Haven't looked at the DB, likely won't.

Interesting info about the ST repeater on Commerce. I'll have to check that out.

Getting ready to submit this talkgroup to the database. I snagged some more radio traffic this morning that fleshed out what this talkgroup is.

***Edit - Here's the audio that was recorded this morning
https://soundcloud.com/kinglou0/40010partiii/s-E6LHe

Last edited:

kinglou0

Checking my unitrunker logs and I noticed some calls went out on talkgroup 29.
29 is definitely transit.
Sounds like a maintenance channel. Radio traffic refers to some type of vehicle processing area and layout of the bus storage lanes. I'll capture some more audio before I submit it.

Other updates:
40923 has had more traffic. All encrypted.
40114 is a new talkgroup that has popped up. All encrypted traffic as well.
40119 as well.

Random TGs that have also had a few hits:
40011-59196 are just radios joining the TG but no calls made....at least on my end

59198 - only one in this list that has had calls plus captured audio. Sounds like WSP. Only got a partial unit #.

kinglou0

Updates:
59198 sounds like it might be an incident response channel. Picked up radio traffic about open and closing traffic lanes. WSP car to car or WSDOT rapid response? I'm thinking WSP car to car.

https://soundcloud.com/kinglou0/59198parti/s-YYpJM

40923 continues to have encrypted traffic.

Couple new talkgroups:
15 - Didn't catch any audio since I didn't have this programmed but Unitrunker picked up several calls without encryption that were made. Programmed it and will be waiting for some traffic.

This will be my last update. I'm packing it up here and will be going back to lurking with the occasional post (most likely in the 668 DMR threads).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.