ssd ch 1 officer shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssd

at o338 2 ssd officer where in a foot pursuit. the officer then called shoots fired 1 suspect. 1 in hand cufts. goa. containment area has been established at 0345 ssd ch 1 is now a tac. all county go to ssd ch 2

ssd

k9 4 1 in the buchs a park way 1 1015 is back 1015. 1 out standing. wma. i 924 ucd with 2-5 gsw.

RolnCode3

pappy1 said:
There is not a dictionary for radio terminology. It is a completely different language so listen more, flame less.
You are both right. There are several misspellings, and there is a lot of code usage. I'm a stickler for spelling myself, so I know why people get annoyed by poor spelling.

At least they caught two of them. The woman driving the car that tried to run the Deputies over was shot several times. The dude that was cuffed ran but was recaptured. It was in the paper.

af5rn

pappy1 said:
There is not a dictionary for radio terminology.
That's exactly why he shouldn't use radio terminology to begin with. More words. Less codes.

I'd rather try to decipher bad spelling than all those meaningless numbers and abbreviations ssd typed out. That post was useless. I didn't understand a word (number) of it.

But thanks to ssd for the effort at least.

Last edited:

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
ssd said:
k9 4 1 in the buchs a park way 1 1015 is back 1015. 1 out standing. wma. i 924 ucd with 2-5 gsw.
If I hadn't been listening to the incident live as it happened I would have no idea of what was written here. It's not just the "shorthand", it is also the not completely correct information.

pappy1

af5rn said:
That's exactly why he shouldn't use radio terminology to begin with. More words. Less codes.

I'd rather try to decipher bad spelling than all those meaningless numbers and abbreviations ssd typed out. That post was useless. I didn't understand a word (number) of it.

But thanks to ssd for the effort at least.

Ok, after looking at his post number I have to agree it makes no sense. Looks as if it was a troll and I bit it hard. I hate it when that happens.

af5rn

Hell, we don't even know where this "incident" supposedly is. There are probably twenty counties in Kalifornia that start with an "S". That had to be the worst post ever.

ssd

well sorry i was on my cell phone so i did not have spellcheck. i will stay a way form the 10 codes.

af5rn

ssd said:
well sorry i was on my cell phone so i did not have spellcheck. i will stay a way form the 10 codes.
So... are you ever going to tell us what county or agency "SSD" is, or have you learned nothing from the above feedback?

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Search Follows Officer-Involved Shooting

Here is a news story regarding this incident.......

2 People Arrested; 1 Person Remains On Loose

SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- A search was under way in south Sacramento early Thursday for an alleged car thief following an incident in which a deputy shot a suspect in the leg and a police dog was unleashed to attack to another suspect.

At about 3:30 a.m., a resident of Parkway Townhomes on East Parkway noticed some people stripping a Ford Mustang in a nearby field.

"I just knew that something wasn't right, and that early in the morning, either you're going to work, or you're doing something wrong," Kenneth Modica said. "At that point, I called 911."

Sheriff's Sgt. Tim Curran said two deputies arrived and approached a white a two-door Ford Expedition on foot. As the deputies drew near the vehicle, one of the suspects, who was pulling parts off of the Mustang, ran from the area.

One of the deputies chased the suspect on foot. The driver of the white Ford got out and was handcuffed by the second deputy.

As the handcuffed suspect was being taken into custody, the deputy looked up to see the Ford, driven by an unseen third suspect, coming directly toward him. Believing his life was in danger, the deputy drew his gun and fired at the oncoming Ford, Curran said.

After being fired upon, the vehicle drove directly toward the deputy who was running after the first suspect. That deputy saw the Ford coming directly toward him and fired shots at the vehicle, Curran said.

The Ford stopped after the second volley of shots was fired, Curran added.

The deputies then approached the vehicle and found 22-year-old Monica Espinosa, who had been struck by the gunfire multiple times in the legs.

Espinosa, who Curran said has a lengthy criminal record, was taken into custody and then to a local hospital.

During the shootings, both male suspects were able to flee.

The handcuffed suspect, 23-year-old Jason Russell of Sacramento, was recaptured a short distance away by a sheriff's dog. He was taken to a hospital for treatment of the dog bites he sustained during his recapture.

Russell has an extensive criminal history, Curran said.

Both Espinosa and Russell were booked into the Sacramento County Main Jail, Curran said.

The third suspect was able to escape and was the subject of a widespread search. He was described as white, 5 feet 11 inches tall, 180 pounds and wearing a black hooded sweatshirt and blue jeans.

According to sheriff's department policy, the two deputies will be placed on paid administrative leave. The first deputy is a 33-year-old, seven-year veteran with the department. The second deputy is a 41-year-old who has served on the force for 20 years.

Curran said the incident will be investigated by the department homicide unit, internal affairs unit and the Sacramento County District Attorney's Office.

Anyone with information about the third suspect may call the sheriff's department at 916-874-5115 or Crime Alert at 916-443-HELP. Callers can remain anonymous and may be eligible for a reward of up to $1,000.

http://www.kcra.com/newsarchive/16198381/detail.html

Status
Not open for further replies.