SSTV 14230

jwt873

Premium Subscriber
I use MMSTV. MMSSTV - HamSoft Not much to it.. I listen mostly.

I sometimes go to 14.230 MHz and see what's being sent. I just leave it running and come back after a half hour or so to see what images I've gathered up. I've also used it to copy images from the International Space Station and I've managed to grab a few pictures sent by Pirate Short Wave stations.

Last edited:

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Try MMSSTV, though I'm sure there are other SSTV decoding programs out there.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
This thread reminded me about an SSTV received image web page. It covers different parts of the world. One can use it to see if and how well a transmission is received. I think it is still active. Hmm...some images are very old and some are new.

spongella

Premium Subscriber
Been a ham for many years but never rec'd SSTV. I have MMSSTV software and was wondering what mode I should set my rcvr? I guess the best place to start is 14.230? Tnx de N2HUN.

jwt873

Premium Subscriber
Set RX Mode to 'Auto'. (It's at the top of the column of buttons running vertically in the center of the window'.

The software will identify the incoming signal and use the appropriate mode to decode it and display it on the screen.

And yes, 14.230 is the most active frequency.. (There's some SSTV going on there as I type this).