St-2 & Psr-500

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb9hgi

Feed Provider
a friend of mine has a PSr-500 and a St-2 antenna which is overloading the psr-500. Is there a way to help this antenna from overloading his scanner? He was thinking of changing the balun on it. any ideas?

kb9hgi

Feed Provider
Highlander_821 said:
Use the Attenuator on the radio.

Well I thought so too and he says that defeats the purpose of having the St-2

af5rn

kb9hgi said:
Well I thought so too and he says that defeats the purpose of having the St-2
But, if it is true overload, that's pretty much his only choice, unless he just wants to go back to a weaker antenna. Of course, if the "overload" is simply intermod or interference from certain bands (like broadcast FM stations), then he can get a bandpass filter to eliminate that particular source of interference, while not sacrificing any performance on the bands he is scanning.

TPRI24

PSR600 and ST2

When I first got my psr600 I had a lot of intermod from distant radio and tv broadcasts - especially on vhf high
I thought a notch filter would be needed.
I identified the frequencies I wished to scan that were being interfered with and toggled the attenuator on for them.I also adjusted the squelch higher to reduce the occasional junk.
For the most part this has worked for me. There is only one vhf channel that gives me problems now and then -but I can live with it.
For all the other channels I scan the ST2 is doing a great job bringing them in.
Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.