St. Albert the City of

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
As Strathcona county. The city of St. Albert is currently upgrading their radio system. Today for the first time I heard the new frequency assignments issued by IC in use.

This afternoon a RCMP member waiting for fire/ems to arrive at a MVC in St. Albert made mention of the new radio system, said something like, "I wonder if the new radios are slowing them down"

Earlier this year I mentioned in one of my posts St. Albert was to upgrade the radio system. It looks like its happening now.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
As with the Scona system, found the frequencies on my own and split them apart into the trunk sites.. would be nice to know what kind of trunk system this is..

omrail

will that is why the quote "there's a lot about the Edmonton area that is known only to Edmontonian scanner hobbyists" is correct

SCPD

QRT
As with the Scona system, found the frequencies on my own and split them apart into the trunk sites.. would be nice to know what kind of trunk system this is..
Don't know what type of system it is yet, I just started to hear transmissions only this week, today the new frequencies are silent.

I know of at least four RR members who live in St. Albert, one of them a fire fighter, HELLO!! would be nice to hear from someone who lives there.

paulsp

St Albert RCMP

I haven't picked up RCMP for a while, although I get FD and EMS OK. I had 156.03 assigned to them. What should I be using?

omrail

are you getting fire and ems on the old channels or the new Systems. also if it is the new System do you have any Talkgroup info. thank you.

the rcmp i think should be on the same rcmp channel. how ever i am not in the St Albert area. when was the last time you were getting them.

SCPD

QRT
are you getting fire and ems on the old channels or the new Systems. also if it is the new System do you have any Talkgroup info. thank you.

the rcmp i think should be on the same rcmp channel. how ever i am not in the St Albert area. when was the last time you were getting them.

As of this morning St Albert EMS / Fire were still on the same old channels. RCMP use A13 not A7 The A13 repeater is low power and directional north.

For 3 days only I heard EMS / Fire simulcast on the new IC assigned frequencies.

SCPD

QRT
I haven't picked up RCMP for a while, although I get FD and EMS OK. I had 156.03 assigned to them. What should I be using?

156.0300 tone 123 is correct as the RCMP channel for St. Albert. This repeater is low power, and directional north. I live in north Edmonton less than 5 k from the St. Albert city limits, I can not hear the repeater on my handheld, yet Leduc 20 k plus away is loud and clear

SCPD

QRT
St. Albert RCMP

It is very poor on the southside. With an antenna @ 40ft I can only get 2/5 on my scale. And on my mobile antenna it is spotty if at all running around the southside.

omrail

156.0300 tone 123 is correct as the RCMP channel for St. Albert. This repeater is low power, and directional north. I live in north Edmonton less than 5 k from the St. Albert city limits, I can not hear the repeater on my handheld, yet Leduc 20 k plus away is loud and clear

ya i was going to say that i can get them from my home in leduc, on my car setup. i find with my car setup i can get a lot of detachments. will i hope that you and the others that can get St albert can get some more info.

paulsp

St Albert

I will double check my set up to confirm eveything. I live in NW St Albert so I should be able pick up even low power.

Do anyone have details of the new radio system they are changing over to?

SCPD

QRT
I will double check my set up to confirm eveything. I live in NW St Albert so I should be able pick up even low power.

Do anyone have details of the new radio system they are changing over to?
RCMP will continue to use PACS radio channels until they move to the Alberta Province Wide Radio System (AFFRCS) when ever that happens. St. Albert City was issued a few new frequencies for a new radio system. EMS/Fire were to move to a new radio system this summer. A few weeks a go I heard a few of the new frequencies used for only a couple of days. I haven't heard anything since.

If you live in NW St Albert try searching frequenices between 156.000 ~ 160.000 listen for what would sounds like RCMP radio traffic. I heard rumor of St. Albert RCMP may be using an BSR channel as an alternative to PACS

Last edited:

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Has anyone taken up my challenge searching between 156 ~ 160 yet any where in Alberta ?

I've been trying this this past week. I am searching 138.0->144.0 (for trunk/backhaul channels), 154.0->160.0 (for repeaters, inputs, and "RCMP Portable" channels), and 420.0->425.0 (for any more occurrences of the UHF crossband repeaters I've found in Calgary). So far my only significant hits have been one or two trunk channels I didn't have before.

SCPD

QRT
I've been trying this this past week. I am searching 138.0->144.0 (for trunk/backhaul channels), 154.0->160.0 (for repeaters, inputs, and "RCMP Portable" channels), and 420.0->425.0 (for any more occurrences of the UHF crossband repeaters I've found in Calgary). So far my only significant hits have been one or two trunk channels I didn't have before.

Thanks Jay I hope someone around Edmonton does the same. These BSR channels are typically low power, I wish I knew thier purpose.

When I first discovered my first BSR channel I got a hit on Close call driving by the Sherwood Park detachement office. I pulled over and listen for a while. Being a nosey bugger I walked in to the detachment and asked for directions to restaurant in the area. I noticed the radio room radio display said BSR 4. it was a simulcast of the locat PAC channel.

As for the frequency, it above the PACS channels and below railroad, this narrows down to 156 ~ 160

I know Sherwood Park, Stony, and Leduc all use BSR channels, not sure of St. Albert, Ft. Sask

omrail

I will see what I can find in the Leduc area. I will see what I find and led you know. should I scan just 156-160 or what let me know.

omrail

ok brechtd on may way to Edmonton from Leduc to do some shopping I was searching between 156 ~ 160. this is what I found.

159.6150 for Leduc A5 tone 131.8
156.0200 was St Albert A13 tone 123.0
159.3300 was the Park A7 tone 131.0
159.3150 was A15 tone not known

SCPD

QRT
ok brechtd on may way to Edmonton from Leduc to do some shopping I was searching between 156 ~ 160. this is what I found.

159.6150 for Leduc A5 tone 131.8
156.0200 was St Albert A13 tone 123.0
159.3300 was the Park A7 tone 131.0
159.3150 was A15 tone not known

Well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.