St. Augustine & St. Petersburg (St. John's and Pinellas Co's) Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

KM4WLV

Good morning everyone!

I'm down from North Carolina for vacation through Saturday. I'm in St. Augustine until Wed morning and then heading to St. Pete until Saturday. I looked in the database and saw all the VHF/UHF and just curious if those frequencies are still used of if everything is strictly P25 trunking now. Could you guys shed some light on that? I didn't bring my 396XT with me, just my V/UHF XTS5000's and my DMR portables. (And I have a Technician level amateur license so I'm good there :lol: )

Any help you guys can give would be greatly appreciated!

mitbr

Good morning everyone!

I'm down from North Carolina for vacation through Saturday. I'm in St. Augustine until Wed morning and then heading to St. Pete until Saturday. I looked in the database and saw all the VHF/UHF and just curious if those frequencies are still used of if everything is strictly P25 trunking now. Could you guys shed some light on that? I didn't bring my 396XT with me, just my V/UHF XTS5000's and my DMR portables. (And I have a Technician level amateur license so I'm good there :lol: )

Any help you guys can give would be greatly appreciated!

In Pinellas all the public safety is P25 phase 1 and Clearwater is P25 phase 2
Tim

K4DPA

Dawson A
Premium Subscriber
St. Augustine and St. John's County are on the P25 phase 1 800 MHz system unfortunately. Sad to see everyone leaving VHF and UHF. They work much better in areas like north Florida. When St. John's County was on VHF you could hear them three counties away. It was a great system.

-Dawson Adams
GMRS: WQPN413
Warning: I have a strong tendency to be bluntly honest.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
SJSO and SAPD are encrypted. Fire/Rescue is P25 Phase I FDMA. Just program the County Simulcast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
St Augustine/SJC vhf was a good system til they went to the 800 system. All Leo is all Encryted. Some of the malls by i95 are on dmr. Some resorts on igp/95 area are on dmr. Depends where you are staying in St Augustine you can hear 800 system good if by airport you won't hear it good. The red sight seeing trains are on dmr also.

K4DPA

Dawson A
Premium Subscriber
SJSO and SAPD are encrypted. Fire/Rescue is P25 Phase I FDMA. Just program the County Simulcast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I totally forgot about adding that. Lol Very true. The only thing you can listen to is fire, public works, and schools.

-Dawson Adams

K4DPA

Dawson A
Premium Subscriber
St Augustine/SJC vhf was a good system til they went to the 800 system. All Leo is all Encryted. Some of the malls by i95 are on dmr. Some resorts on igp/95 area are on dmr. Depends where you are staying in St Augustine you can hear 800 system good if by airport you won't hear it good. The red sight seeing trains are on dmr also.

Their VHF system was one of the best in the state. I remember when we could hear them sometimes during a band opening all the way over here in Hamilton County. They should have went to a VHF P25 system with a few more remote receivers and it would have been a great P25 system. This new trend with using 800 MHz in rural and suburban areas is back firing badly.

-Dawson Adams

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I totally forgot about adding that. Lol Very true. The only thing you can listen to is fire, public works, and schools.

-Dawson Adams

School buses on 800 system. But the schools are on vhf/uhf analog.

KM4WLV

Thanks for all the replies. I'm pretty much just interested in the VHF stuff Fire & EMS wise. I'll throw some stuff in my 5000 and see what happens. We're staying at World Golf Village in St. Augustine (we're owners with BlueGreen), and we'll be at Tradewinds when we head to St. Pete on Thursday.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

jeff

Premium Subscriber
I live across the road from WGV. As was previously mentioned, all county public safety went to 800, with LE encrypted. You're in the middle of 3 sites so LSM distortion is bad there. FYI, Blue Green Resort is on 469.550, D546.

Status
Not open for further replies.