St. Charles County Family Arena Freq off frequency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stlouisx50

Ever since St. Charles County started using 155.310 , they have sounded like they are broadcasting off frequency. I have tried other scanners and noticed the same thing. had anyone else noticed this?

teufler

why not do a band scope and see what that shows. Then enter a frequency either high or low depending an the band scope readings. widen the modulation from nbfm to fm, see if that helps.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Ever since St. Charles County started using 155.310 , they have sounded like they are broadcasting off frequency. I have tried other scanners and noticed the same thing. had anyone else noticed this?
How often do they use this freq?
Any examples of good times to monitor it when it is fairly active?

I monitor Pacific, MO on the same freq and rarely see the stronger signal coming out of St. Charles. It is there and active but it does not mess up my monitoring of Pacific's weak signal as they rarely talk also!

I can't say I noticed it off frequency sounding but will put a service monitor on it and see what it looks like if they ever talk.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, that gives me some times to try and catch them.
I do get a full quieting signal here when they talk so I should be able hear the same as you are hearing with no problem.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Kruser,

Get ready, there will be activity soon on 155.310. Just a heads up if you are available to listen.
And... I missed it!

That figures. I've been watching their event lists and trying to catch traffic but nothing.
Of course when I do wish to monitor Pacific, MO, then they talk at the family arena and wipe out my Pacific signal. That was before you ever posted about what you hear though so I never really paid atttention.

Out of curiousity, did they sound as bad last evening (assuming they came on the air) as you have noticed in the past?

I was away so did not see your message until this morning but thanks for the heads up.
If you know they will be active in advance again, do another post as it is rare I'm away for more than an hour. Especially when it is hot as heck outside!

stlouisx50

And... I missed it!

That figures. I've been watching their event lists and trying to catch traffic but nothing.
Of course when I do wish to monitor Pacific, MO, then they talk at the family arena and wipe out my Pacific signal. That was before you ever posted about what you hear though so I never really paid atttention.

Out of curiousity, did they sound as bad last evening (assuming they came on the air) as you have noticed in the past?

I was away so did not see your message until this morning but thanks for the heads up.
If you know they will be active in advance again, do another post as it is rare I'm away for more than an hour. Especially when it is hot as heck outside!
I meant to listen but got side tracked. I will have to let you know next time I hear them doing something. There will always be a next time . :)

Status
Not open for further replies.