St Clair Shores PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZDon

Premium Subscriber
Having a problem getting my PR0 96 to receive the St Clair Shores SERESA talk groups. Extended tables are off, extended frequencies on. CC channels are 853.2625 MHz and 853.9875 MHz. Have all of the other rebanded frequencies (Macomb County Simulcast) programmed into the radio , (851.0625 MHz up to 852.9875) SERESA talk group 02875 which is SERESA Dispatch for St Clair Shores, East Point and Roseville and others SCS talk groups are in the radio. Radio is being used in a residence at 8.5 mile and Harper with a radio shack 800 MHz rubber duck antenna on the radio.

The MPSCS Macomb County Simulcast tower is 2 miles from the residence. Not receiving any traffic from the Macomb County Simulcast system but the radio is operational on other MPSCS systems such at the one used for Harper Woods and Grosse Pointe areas.

This is my mothers radio, flying by wire here from AZ. Apparently have messed up somewhere, can anyone tell me what's wrong?

Radio Shack does not know what to do, where can she take the radio to get it programmed?

detroit780

Silent Key
Database Admin
Simulcast and Pro-96

It's a Pro-96 and the system is Simulcast. The 96 was the first generation P25 radio, it never did work very well on the Detroit system which was the first in the area to go Simulcast. The second generation were a bit better Pro-106 and 197 but not perfect. Then along came the PSR800 which was pretty good.

Currently the only radio for sale brand new that handles the simulcast id the BC 436HP and 536HP. Whistler will sell the reincarnated PSR 800 in a few months.

Having a problem getting my PR0 96 to receive the St Clair Shores SERESA talk groups. Extended tables are off, extended frequencies on. CC channels are 853.2625 MHz and 853.9875 MHz. Have all of the other rebanded frequencies (Macomb County Simulcast) programmed into the radio , (851.0625 MHz up to 852.9875) SERESA talk group 02875 which is SERESA Dispatch for St Clair Shores, East Point and Roseville and others SCS talk groups are in the radio. Radio is being used in a residence at 8.5 mile and Harper with a radio shack 800 MHz rubber duck antenna on the radio.

The MPSCS Macomb County Simulcast tower is 2 miles from the residence. Not receiving any traffic from the Macomb County Simulcast system but the radio is operational on other MPSCS systems such at the one used for Harper Woods and Grosse Pointe areas.

This is my mothers radio, flying by wire here from AZ. Apparently have messed up somewhere, can anyone tell me what's wrong?

Radio Shack does not know what to do, where can she take the radio to get it programmed?

AZDon

Premium Subscriber
St Clair Shores

Thank you for the prompt response. Have to wonder if a BC396 or HP1 would work for mom in St Clair shores, what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.