St. Croix County Dispatch Frequency

MattTaTa715

So I bought a TYT MD-UV380 DMR\analog radio and i have been trying to program St. Croix County Dispatch into. I get a green "receive" light and it shows a speaker on my screen but no audio will come through. I know the speaker works because I use it to communicate at work with our Motorola DMR radios. Am I missing something with color code or call id or something, or does that radio even pick up their signal?

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
So I bought a TYT MD-UV380 DMR\analog radio and i have been trying to program St. Croix County Dispatch into. I get a green "receive" light and it shows a speaker on my screen but no audio will come through. I know the speaker works because I use it to communicate at work with our Motorola DMR radios. Am I missing something with color code or call id or something, or does that radio even pick up their signal?

If it’s 157.450 that shows to be P25 which your radio won’t decode.

MattTaTa715

Thank you for the response and that is the frequency. I will quit wasting my time trying on this radio then LOL. Does anyone know of any "cheaper" radios that will receive P25?

FreqNout

Does anyone know of any "cheaper" radios that will receive

The Blue Tail radios are designed for P25 simulcast. Checkout the Blue Tail forum here on RR. The developer posts daily in that forum.

My @btt radio works great in Wisconsin and Illinois on P25.

Here is the web site.

DVINTHEHOUSEMAN

Up North
The Whistler WS1040 is an affordable scanner that works pretty decently, mine cost me about $250 brand new and it's worked for what I've wanted it to do.

MattTaTa715

LOL that's the one I just bought, got it programmed and it was pretty easy. Still trying to figure Wiscom for Dunn county if it can even be programmed.

tvengr

Well Known Member
What is your city or town and what programming software are you using for your WS1040? I have ARC500, Win500, and PSREdit500. There are 4 sites for Dunn County. If you attach your programming file, I will check it for problems. You will need to right click on the file and Send to Compressed (zipped) folder to be able to attach it. Click on Attach files and Open the zipped folder.

MattTaTa715

Thank you for that and I can send when I get to my computer but I have arc500 installed and files imported from radio reference. Only problem is the "new" scanner I bought which was supposed to come with pc cable, was used and didn't have the cable. I got half my money back from eBay but until I get the cable, I am stuck doing it by hand.

I did try to program the 4 Dunn frequencies by hand as a talkgroup and a trunking system but I don't think it worked. I live in Knapp so maybe I am to far from a tower anyway.

MattTaTa715

So I did some more research, and I got the trunking programed by hand and it was surprisingly easy once I understood the talkgroups and how they work. I am picking up Dunn county sheriff now, ID 17001, and what I assume is state patrol, ID 151 (calling into Eau Claire dispatch), so it seems to be working as well as a handheld does indoors.
Thanks for all your advice and help!