St Joe County P25 System

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLJ061

I just reprogrammed my BCD325P2 to the new P25 system, but now it's not locating any of the CC's, and now I can't even pick up Mishawaka P25.

Am I missing something?

dmack550

Premium Subscriber
Yeah having the same problem with SBPD. Something has changed... No change in database but no CC. Did CC search but couldn't find anything. Anyone have a clue??

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
This is sounding like an problem unique to those Uniden BCD325P2/BCD996P2 scanners. Did you do an Firmware Update or something? Did you do the weekly Uniden site rip from us update? If so did you recheck all your settings? Is your BCD536HP still getting the SAFE-T etc? How about that HP-1?

dmack550

Premium Subscriber
Finally

After updating every scanner with firmware and database revisions the 996p2 is now receiving Sbpd on that CC. I think it also had something to do with the antenna length and placement as well. The 536 received it the whole time but the 996p2 and the 325p2 kept saying finding control channel even after updates.

JLJ061

This is sounding like an problem unique to those Uniden BCD325P2/BCD996P2 scanners. Did you do an Firmware Update or something? Did you do the weekly Uniden site rip from us update? If so did you recheck all your settings? Is your BCD536HP still getting the SAFE-T etc? How about that HP-1?

First thing I did was the firmware update but still nothing.

It's not showing any active CC at all.

feinstei

Did the latest updates (firmware and database) from Uniden's website on my Home Patrol 1 (I don't have the "Extreme Upgrade" feature) and cannot receive any traffic from South Bend Police. Is anyone having any luck on getting them on a Home Patrol 1? Thanks!

dmack550

Premium Subscriber
Yes I am receiving Sbpd after updating firmware and database. Nothing before that though. The system changed to p25... Non-motorola and control channels and talk groups all changed as well.

feinstei

I'm now getting South Bend police, sheriff, Elkhart police, and all other services on my Home Patrol 1. I live in the Ireland/Ironwood neighborhood and get excellent reception with just the built-in rubber ducky.

It seems awful funny to me that there's so little traffic from the South Bend police. Do they do most of their communication by some other means than standard trunked audio transmissions? Do they use cell phones for dispatch? Perhaps digital readouts?

dmack550

Premium Subscriber
I'm now getting South Bend police, sheriff, Elkhart police, and all other services on my Home Patrol 1. I live in the Ireland/Ironwood neighborhood and get excellent reception with just the built-in rubber ducky.

It seems awful funny to me that there's so little traffic from the South Bend police. Do they do most of their communication by some other means than standard trunked audio transmissions? Do they use cell phones for dispatch? Perhaps digital readouts?
They use CAD... computer assisted dispatching.. A lot of the calls go to the computer terminals in their cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.