st.johns county structure fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjcscanner

Premium Subscriber
Im listening to a structure fire in st.johns county on A1A. Large 3 story structure. Engine 21(tower 6's replacement, its out of service.), engine 6, engine 7, rescue 7, engine 14, tanker 4, squad 5, battalion 2, and training 5. a few mins. ago, all units were evacuated out of the structure. i belive they have a ladder from st.augustine fd, and flagler f/r responding. will keep you updated. also, the battalion chief just advised to "overhaul all stations" what does this mean?

sjcscanner

Premium Subscriber
fire is now out. units are completing clean up. all units should go avalible soon. i went to go check out the scene, and relized engine 11 was also dispatched. the house looked pretty bad, burned badly, mainly on the third floor.

KB4REA

Radio Aficionado
I was there during the fire, stuck in traffic. Was about to pass in front of it when the deputy turned us all around. Talk about the long way home back to St. Aug. Bunch of trucks out there. Not alot of smoke though.

sjcscanner

Premium Subscriber
yeah, the reason the road was shut down is becasue the hydrant was across the street, and they were laying lines.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I heard all that on the radio. I don't understand why they didn't go Tac 2 South channel. I saw the picture in the paper today. Heard a few buddies of mine went there to put the fire out. It was lighting started the fire and the whole place did not burn down just part of the structure 2nd and 3rd floor had damage. I do not see my buddies video online unless he didn't go to it. Might be his video http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=90365

Last edited:

sjcscanner

Premium Subscriber
the reason they didnt go to the tac channel is the radio system was out, the dispatch was on the backup system. they said it was due to weather, i dont know if the tower got struck by lightning or what. they had it back up in about 45 minutes. but still, after that, i dont know why they didnt switch them to the tactical channel. they stayed on dispatch channel for quite a while....

Status
Not open for further replies.