St. John's Emergency Squad In Union County??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analogrules

I just noticed a new listing under Union County (business) for a St. John Emergency Squad. Is this a mistake? I don't know of any EMS by that name in Union County, and even if there was, it would not go in the RR DB as a "business".

DougWatkins

Wasn't there an possible defunct EMS squad in the next county over in Fords/Woodbridge twp....St John Emergency Squad

perhaps they got a business radio license..they might get a business license if they were going to be a transport service etc

DougWatkins

there is no license info...maybe the expiration of their old license triggered the change in the in the DB

This unit has been defunct since 2013-2015 or so

W2SJW

Database Admin
This is the submission I got Saturday morning:

"The Somerset regional disaster response team has moved and expanded. They are located in plainfield, new jersey in union county. They have merged under the name of ST. JOHN'S VOLUNTEER EMERGENCY SQUAD INC. If you could update this information I think that it would be very helpful."

Analogrules

I'd say unless someone can confirm some of these frequencies, then it should be removed. There is no FCC license information and nothing I can find on a google search about this. Furthermore, I never saw EMS listed under the business section anywhere in the db. But, that's just my opinion.

However, IF there is actually EMS in Plainfield operating on those frequencies, then it should be placed under Plainfield in the main public safety section. Heck, there should be plenty of room now that all their PD frequencies are deprecated. haha

Last edited by a moderator:

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
This is the submission I got Saturday morning:

"The Somerset regional disaster response team has moved and expanded. They are located in plainfield, new jersey in union county. They have merged under the name of ST. JOHN'S VOLUNTEER EMERGENCY SQUAD INC. If you could update this information I think that it would be very helpful."

I inquired, nobody at the county knows anything about them being in Plainfield. And I can assure you that even if they did, as a private organization they would not be permitted to provide BLS or any Emergency Management function in Union County without a municipal contract or mutual-aid agreement. Which SRDRT has never had in Union County, nor would they ever get not being hospital or government based.

Plainfield Rescue Squad, dispatched by Union County Communications, is the one and only full-time provider of EMS to the city. Disaster and Emergency Management functions are all performed and managed by Union County OEM.

Listing should be removed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.