St Johns Locution

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff

Premium Subscriber
St Johns Co Fire Rescue has gone to Locution dispatch on TG 10000 (A-1). Normal radio operations are now on TG 10005 (A-2).

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
I was just there and caught a Locution dispatch but not for all calls. And everything was running of A-1, except when they moved an accident to A-6. I’ll second @bravo14 if someone can confirm.

jeff

Premium Subscriber
A-1 is dispatch, however they're simulcasting it on A-2. Eventually they will use A-2 North and A-3 South for normal operations. They're still having some issues. Fortunately they now have large CAD screens in each station.

jeff

Premium Subscriber
Automated dispatch by computer. They're having issues with the voice wanting to say street instead of Saint as in St Johns and St Augustine. Also with some of the Spanish named streets.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Automated dispatch by computer. They're having issues with the voice wanting to say street instead of Saint as in St Johns and St Augustine. Also with some of the Spanish named streets.
Ahhhh I didn't think they were going to do automated disp thought be another 5 years from now.

jeff

Premium Subscriber
They are no longer using TG A-1, dispatch and normal ops are now on TG A-2 (10005). The move to split the county into north and south dispatch TGs may occur shortly, TG A-3 (10010) would be south, TG A-2 north.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I'll wonder if A1 will be working by the time I come in a few weeks? Now I need to change A2-A3 for north / south.

wsmoore

Database Admin
That is funny !!!! I do like the automated dispatch though. Easier to understand. Can't wait till JFRD finally goes live with theirs.

That is funny !!!! I do like the automated dispatch though. Easier to understand. Can't wait till JFRD finally goes live with theirs.

JFRD's automated dispatch is already live; however, it is sent individually to each station as data and not over the radio. Traditional dispatching remains the same as I am sure you hear all of the time. I know this is about SJCFR but Have you been made aware of JFRD planning to broadcast automated dispatching?

Is SJCFR able to tweak the errors with Locution and go live again or are they out on it all together?

wsmoore

Database Admin
JFRD's automated dispatch is already live; however, it is sent individually to each station as data and not over the radio. Traditional dispatching remains the same as I am sure you hear all of the time. I know this is about SJCFR but Have you been made aware of JFRD planning to broadcast automated dispatching?

Is SJCFR able to tweak the errors with Locution and go live again or are they out on it all together?

JFRD has purchased Purvis Automated Dispatch. They did do some testing on Station 16 a couple of months ago. So I would say yes they are going to the Purvis Automated Dispatch. I doubt they would spend that money for the system and not use it. It was supposed to go live this September, but as usual they are behind schedule. I have also seen a range of radios near the end of the Radio Id Range that matches most of the stations except some of the newer ones like 65.

Status
Not open for further replies.