St Louis County Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

AC0RV

Feed Provider
Ok gang I m looking for any files (Freescan or ARCXT) for the Uniden 396XT that contain the GPS Corrdinates for The transmitter or station.

ie, St Louis County Precint 1 is at gps corrdinates, Also for the local municiapility ( hope I spelled that right) for area.

Also Can handle them in CSV format as well for Microsoft 2000.

I am looking for any talkgroups for the Siteman Cancer Center off Forest Park Blvd . Last week I heard some new talkgroups, But for some reason when I uploaded the file something went wrong.

I also would any additional GIS (Graphical Infomation System(s)) Data or fire and law enforcement districts Map or Data so I plot them with my Depiction Mapping Software so I can firgure that Range and coverage.

I wish to thank you all for the help.

Last edited:

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Ok gang I m looking for any files (Freescan or ARCXT) for the Uniden 396XT that contain the GPS Corrdinates for The transmitter or station.
ie, St Louis County Precint 1 is at gps corrdinates, Also for the local municiapility ( hope I spelled that right) for area.

Also Can handle them in CSV format as well for Microsoft 2000.

I am looking for any talkgroups for the Siteman Cancer Center off Forest Park Blvd . Last week I heard some new talkgroups, But for some reason when I uploaded the file something went wrong.

I also would any additional GIS (Graphical Infomation System(s)) Data or fire and law enforcement districts Map or Data so I plot them with my Depiction Mapping Software so I can firgure that Range and coverage.

I wish to thank you all for the help.

I doubt you will find all that you are looking for if I'm understanding your post correctly.
Most around here simply use the data that is already in the database at this very site.

Does Arcxt or freescan pull in the coordinate data when doing an import from this site?
If so, you should just be able to do that yourself to get the info I think you are asking for. You have a premium sub so you can import using either of the programs you listed directly into your 396. I've never used mine with GPS though so I'm not sure if either pull that data in but I would think they would.

The Siteman Cancer Center, do they have their own radio system? I do not see them listed anywhere or are they part of one of the larger hospitals down near that area?
Not many hospitals use a trunked radio system in the STL area. Barnes is about the only large one that does but I did not see any reference to Siteman in the talkgroup lists. I've heard of the cancer center but I don't know if they are their own business or part of a much larger entity.
What trunked system did you hear these new talkgroups on?
I'd be happy to enter in the system and listen for a while and see if I can figure anything out for you but I have no idea what trunked system you may have been monitoring that you think is part of this cancer center.
Please clarify that and I'll see what I can figure out if I can get a signal even.

No help on GIS data other than is what is available on the internet.

Last edited:

AC0RV

Feed Provider
If you would please listen to the system, i will also. I beleive they are but some of the talkgtoups that are already lis,ted are being used by Barnes and Childrens Hospital. But I like said I find some new ones,ie like the one(s) for the valet service

On the GPS said some of them are being gleened(gotten) from the data from the RRs database, But some reason that some of the cities are within the St Louis area are not. At least the GPS data is not showing up and I have the GPS enabled for the systems.

Thanks for all the help.

polo807

Premium Subscriber
RE Siteman Cancer Central

The Siteman Center is located within the Center for Advanced Medicine on Parkview.It is also called the North Tower.
They do have valet service at both the South Tower (BarnesHospital) and the North Tower.
Their security covers the entire Barnes Jewish Children's Complex. They have a Bike, Vehicle and walking patrols.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
I've been monitoring the BJC LTR system sites 001, 2 and 3 and I hear the telltale LTR repeater burps but I've not heard a single voice comm for over three hours tonight.

Does anyone know if the LCN order and listed frequencies are correct as listed in the database?

Even if wrong, I should have heard something I would think unless the system is very seldom used.

I know I've monitored the system before as you can take the three sites 001, 002 and 003 and pout them all in one system being as the LCN's are not reused between any of the listed sites.
LCN 01 is used on sites 001 and 003 but the frequency is the same so I see no reason one cannot program the frequencies for sites 001, 2 and 3 as one system being as no two LCN are reused between the sites.

I never had a very strong signal out here but I can hear the repeater burps so I should get something but nothing at all so far tonight.

I even just received a brand new BCT15X today for the UHF and VHF stuff in the area and went ahead and setup BJC sites in it as well but nothing but the repeater burps when I hold on the individual frequencies.

I'm confused as I recall this system having some traffic and the LCN order and listed frequencies were accurate at that time!

kruser

Premium Subscriber
I was wrong about being able to use the data for Sites 001, 2 and 3 at the same time.
LCN 01's frequency is different between site 1 and 3 so I cannot scan Site 3 with 1 and 2. Plus on Site 003, LCN 11 (463.3750) has some type of constant data.
Of course the scanner ignores the data when set to Trunk mode.

I also found the reason I was not hearing anything. It seems my newest Unidens are deaf for the most part on this system. Same goes for the GRE's. I can hear the repeater burp but it is a weak signal if I hold on any one of the frequencies and hear voice traffic. Mostly static.

The only scanner I have that gets a decent enough signal is the older Uniden BC780XLT.
Even on the 780 though, the signals are weak but useable and I hear voice traffic with little static.
Antennas make no difference but I am wondering if the rain tonight is attenuating the signal as I know I've monitored this UHF system before on the newer Unidens like the 996 or 396 models.
I doubt it is a coax issue as I'm getting normal reception on all 800 MHz systems and other 450 MHz systems, even ones that are normally weak all still appear normal.

I guess I'll try again tomorrow afternoon and evening but using the 780 so I can try and ID some unlisted talkgroups.
I could throw up a large UHF corner reflector I have and that will get a great signal I'm sure but that is a last resort as I'd not be able to leave it up. No spare coax for it plus it is a very heavy antenna so I'd only be able to leave it up there until just before sunset.

Anyone know what the data is on Site 003, LCN 11 463.3750?
It sounds very close to what a low speed Motorola control channel sounds like but none of my radios will display any control channel data on that freq so I'm not sure what type of data it is. The signal on 463.3750 is stronger than any of the Barnes sites so it must be something more local to my area. Not so strong that it will hide the Barnes repeater burps though. Maybe some type of a MDT perhaps?
463.3750 does not have a PL or DPL tone on it either so who knows what it is. Everything I found in the database for Missouri and Illinois shows a tone except for some type of link for Insight Cable (Comcast) out of McComb, IL but that license shows as expired.
Maybe it is some type of data link for Barnes. I do live very close to a mini Barnes hospital location in Creve Coeur, MO at Olive and Mason roads. I've never picked up any strong signals on any of the listed frequencies for Barnes though from this location. I'm only about a mile from that location and it was the original reason I programmed in the Barnes systems in the first place a year or two ago. They could be listed under a different name though as it used to be another hospital group that owned the property a few years back. I don't recall who it was back then.
They did not even have emergency facilities back then and still don't really. They do now but I think the emergency services offered are very limited.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.