St. Louis county armer trafiic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

northscan23

With St.Louis county approving the purchase of the digital radios when will I start to the hear the new Duluth PD and FD talkgroups(not including the simulcast which is already active).

blue5011

Faribault County (south central) has had digital radios for the better part of a year. From what I can find out in maybe January 2012 before the county starts using P25. Here the So, FD, and EMS all need to be on board before any shift would occur. So we got six different towns PD, FD, EMS, plus county sheriff and public works to all work together. Almost like herding cats...

mmtstc

Ø
last i heard, it was about a year from now before St. Louis County migrates and i cant forsee duluth migrating without STL county since that is their PSAP.

Purchasing the radios is just the tip of the iceberg as far as migration to ARMER is concerned.

There are still many steps to be taken and here are just a few...

- PSAP consolidation (North PSAP will move into South PSAP
- PSAP upgrades
- completion of towers in Crane Lake, Meander Lake, Vermillion Dam, Soudan, Argo, Lake, Erie Hill, Palo, Brimson, Molde, Line Lake, Sax, Elmer, Fond du Lac and Mirror Lake LO.
- Dispatcher and End User training
- Mobile Radio installs

STL county will have at least 3000 radios to program which will make them (i think) the 4th largest user in the state.

box23

- PSAP consolidation (North PSAP will move into South PSAP

I don't remember hearing a date for this, has anyone else?

I'm thinking they are in at least the first stages as I have been hearing a couple Duluth Fire units and county fire/ems units calling Duluth dispatch "St Louis" instead of Duluth. Just this morning I also heard a North unit using "St Louis County" instead of Midway.

jdm911

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

It happened last Thursday

hibtacer

All Midway dispatchers have been moved to the Duluth dispatch center, This supposedly a cost move for the county, thus the new moniker of "St. Louis". Midway died last Thursday! My dispatacher friends are none to happy with the move!

Status
Not open for further replies.