St. Louis Mo...difficult finding channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanner643

Premium Subscriber
I recently purchased a Uniden BCD996P2 and have downloaded the desired database from RR, however, listening to Central County 911 (CCE911) dispatch, the dispatcher tells all units to respond on "South Main or North Main" or "JeffCo Main" and what not. I'm having difficulty finding these responding channels. Please point me in the right direction. Your help is appreciated.

I recently purchased a Uniden BCD996P2
If you switch to "ID Search" mode, you can search all of the traffic on the system until you discover those Talk Groups.

The display will show ID Search or ID Scan.

To toggle modes, press the silver knob in and press scan/search key.

WingnutStl

Premium Subscriber
I couple of things to check - make sure that you have all of the "sites" that you want to receive traffic from selected and that you are receiving the control channel. In a perfect world you would want to get the north and south sites for both Jefferson and St. Louis counties since not all talk-groups are simulcasts across all sites. When I lived in Western St. Louis County I could get both STL county sites and the north Jeffco site (but not the south Jeff Co or St. Charles sites).

The other thing to check is to make sure that if you are using the Sentinel database, make sure that you have the Fire-Tac service selected as one you want to monitor.

Hopefully I didn't confuse you more.

Status
Not open for further replies.