St. Louis Traffic heliocopter freq's

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldwalrus

Premium Subscriber
Can someone help me out with the frequencies used by the traffic copters in the Metro St. Louis area. In particular Channel 2.
I have searched the "News" band, the "Air" band, and have tried "Close Call" to no avail.
Since I live in Granite City and work in St. Louis, it is nice to listen to the reports.
I have gotten the jump on accidents, listening to the St. Louis P-25 system, but would like the copters also.
Cannot get the "remote" broadcasts either.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
PS: the officers in Granite City really dis-like their new P-25 system. The closest tower is on top of the bluffs in Edwardsville. Very poor reception.
Thank you again,
Old Walrus

nascarfan999

The only similar frequency that I am aware of (and I do not think this is what you are looking for) is the frequency SkyFOX uses to communicate with the producer/other staff back at the station. That frequency is 450.5875. I don't recall ever hearing good traffic info on it, but you can pick up tidbits of breaking news if they send SkyFOX to it (although the information you can gather is limited as they are probably aware that the other TV stations can also monitor the frequency to get information).

talkpair

We have a traffic copter in Kansas City that does rush hour traffic reports for one TV station as well as a few radio stations.
I'm not sure what the exact frequency is, but it's in the 450-451 MHz range.

Your best bet is to put your scanner in search mode during rush hour.

The broadcast by this helicopter is not delayed.......it's used in real time and simulcast from the UHF frequency directly to the TV or radio station.

Status
Not open for further replies.