St. Mary's County - Mutual Aid

Status
Not open for further replies.

anomovfa

Premium Subscriber
Until farily recently I was copying various mutual aid broadcasts on at least one of the following St. Mary's County EDACS Dec IDs: 1793, 1794, 1795, and 1796. Now there seems to be no traffic on any of the four. Anyone know what happened? Were they patched from other systems and if so did the communications folks in Leonardtown reconfigure their system to drop these IDs? I'm using a Pro-95 and have no trouble with other county and MSP talk groups. Also is 154.280 the only mutual aid freq. used in this area? Thanks.
Tom

rpoole23

Well ref the 154.280 that is the FMARS freq that is used by the Fire side in the ECC in Leonardtown when there is a Mutual Aid fire call that involves Charles County or PG County or any other county other than Calvert. The appropriate TG such as FIRE TAC1 is then patched to the FMARS freq. When Calvert is involved with a mutual aid fire call, they (Calvert) switches over to the NPS TAC 4 freq and Calvert patches their fire tac channel and St. MArys patches the FIRE TAC 1 or other channel to NPS 4 so Calvert can still use their 800 system. Ref the police side, when dealing with Charles County, Charles switches to 155.475 and then the ECC dispatcher patches that to the Police TAC channel, when Calvert is involved the same procedure is used with the NPS channels. The 155.475 PMARS channel is also used when the MPS helicopter is being used for police operations. The only one of these I have heard is the one involving Charles and it is done frequently, the others have yet to be tested. Hope this helps.

anomovfa

Premium Subscriber
rpoole23 said:
Well ref the 154.280 that is the FMARS freq that is used by the Fire side in the ECC in Leonardtown when there is a Mutual Aid fire call that involves Charles County or PG County or any other county other than Calvert. The appropriate TG such as FIRE TAC1 is then patched to the FMARS freq. When Calvert is involved with a mutual aid fire call, they (Calvert) switches over to the NPS TAC 4 freq and Calvert patches their fire tac channel and St. MArys patches the FIRE TAC 1 or other channel to NPS 4 so Calvert can still use their 800 system. Ref the police side, when dealing with Charles County, Charles switches to 155.475 and then the ECC dispatcher patches that to the Police TAC channel, when Calvert is involved the same procedure is used with the NPS channels. The 155.475 PMARS channel is also used when the MPS helicopter is being used for police operations. The only one of these I have heard is the one involving Charles and it is done frequently, the others have yet to be tested. Hope this helps.

Appreciate your response. Thanks for the info. From the above, I am assuming that TGs 1793, 1794, 1795, and 1796 are no longer being used. I've heard no activity on them for quite awhile. Regarding the MSP helos, they apparently have quite a capable radio system. In St. Mary's they usually come up on whatever police or fire freq. is being worked on the ground. At least that's the impression from the listening side. One more question, please, what is NPS? I should probably know but it doens't ring a bell.

emtLarmy15

MSP Aviation has a great Radio...Its a Wulfsburg (don't know which model number) that they just dial in what ever freq they need. does most bands....but I am not sure if its just one control head that operates many different radios somewhere else in the helo, or if its really just that good that one min it can be on VHF LOW and the next UHF... But any way, they are probably only being patched into the St Marys system on a pre designated frequency. They prob come up on lets say 39.180 (only used that cause thats what they use on our system) adn the EOC answers them. Then the EOC patches 39.180 to what ever talk group they need to be on... awsome sound quility, can barely tell they are not really on a trunked radio.

Chris

rpoole23

Yes the MSP Helo comes on the air on 39.380, then the EOC dispatcher either tells them to switch to the channel in use, (some troopers in the helo have the St Mary's 800mhz hand-held and use them from the helo) or has the Helo switch to 155.475 and then patches that to the TAC channel being used on the ground. The NPS is the National Mutual Aid channels set aside for use nationwide as mutual aid in the 800 band, I can't remember exactly what the "official" name is or the exact 800 frequencies, as they are apart from the trunked system 866.0125......anyway hope this clears it up a bit!!

G

Those are the patch IDs also I found on afs 15-156,15-157,15-158,15-155,14-001,14-002,14-003 are used to patch Fmars, msp to County PD, and other talk groups to other Talk groups.

8)

Status
Not open for further replies.