St. Mary's Ozaukee

Status
Not open for further replies.

triryche

Premium Subscriber
Thought they had an 800 radio in the hospital, don't they? :confused:

I hear Port FD, Thiensville EMS, and Mequon regularly call in patient info. on 155.340. Used to hear Northern Oz. Ambulance talk to St. Mary's on 800 all the time but can't say that I've heard that in quite some time either.

a1emt

Premium Subscriber
They do have an 800 radio and their own TG for incoming ambulances... maybe it's down...

triryche

Premium Subscriber
yeah, must be.. Haven't heard it used in quite some time. Kind of impressive how well the mobile signals from Port carry up the lakeshore to me on 155.340. Can usually copy a full exchange with the hospital.

nslt204

I heard both Thiensville & Saukville using the OZTRS to talk with SMO this morning. Must have been a maint issue or moving the ant. There is a lot of const going on at the hospital.

radio50

I was asleep, but my ARC996PRO log shows OZTRS TG 03-044 being used around 2:30 AM this morning.

radio50

Update: within the last couple minutes TG 03-044 was being used in the traditional, ambulance-to-SMO, manner.

mkescan

I can't remember what departments they were but,several times I have heard transporting to SMO after a crash,but never hear anyone call SMO on TRS.
Maybe they just grab whatever mic is near them?
Just like some of the Milwaukee Co suburban fire units did before they cut over to 800,I used to hear some transmit on 800 by mistake when in the rig.

triryche

Premium Subscriber
I've noticed that Port FD ambulances seem to be the most common on VHF now lately. I still continue to hear them but now also hear others on the 800 channel as well. Maybe you're right.. use a different radio every time to relieve boredom :lol:

nslt204

Most Milwaukee Co FDs going to SMO call by cell phone or Med rigs have Milwaukee Co EMS Communications relay for them.
I can't remember what departments they were but,several times I have heard transporting to SMO after a crash,but never hear anyone call SMO on TRS.
Maybe they just grab whatever mic is near them?
Just like some of the Milwaukee Co suburban fire units did before they cut over to 800,I used to hear some transmit on 800 by mistake when in the rig.

mkescan

I mean maybe the Ozaukee Co FD's grab VHF mic sometimes by mistake,just like when some the Milwaukee Co VHF departments would grab the 800 mic when going in service or to answer dispatch.
They really wanted to use the VHF radio but grabbed the 800 instead

Most Milwaukee Co FDs going to SMO call by cell phone or Med rigs have Milwaukee Co EMS Communications relay for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.