St Stephens HS Hickory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baddad

Premium Subscriber
I was at the SSHS football game tonight & we won for the 1st time in the last 25 games! Woohoo!!

I found the principal's HT's on 469.35 & the ODO Catawba County Police officers on 154.57 (which is a strange unlicensed freq according to the FCC DB). I wasn't able to locate the coach to spotter headsets though. They were doing a lot of talking into the headsets, but Close Call never picked them up. I walked near the field & the press box, but no joy. Anybody ever been able to get them?

pboy

Baddad said:
I was at the SSHS football game tonight & we won for the 1st time in the last 25 games! Woohoo!!

I found the principal's HT's on 469.35 & the ODO Catawba County Police officers on 154.57 (which is a strange unlicensed freq according to the FCC DB). I wasn't able to locate the coach to spotter headsets though. They were doing a lot of talking into the headsets, but Close Call never picked them up. I walked near the field & the press box, but no joy. Anybody ever been able to get them?

ODOs were probably using school supplied radios. They were not using public safety frequency. They would go to their county radios for normal law enforcement traffic.

The frequency you mention is one in the business/industrial class (which includes schools, fast food stores, retail stores, etc.). License should be in the name of the high school.

jeffmulter

Fort Mill, S.C. (just south of Charlotte, N.C.)
The headsets are likely spread spectrum.

154.570 low power use has not required a license from the FCC for several years ... as long as the radios meet type-acceptable, the user meets FCC qualifications, and the use meets FCC requirements.

You will still find alot of licensees in the ULS database ... some simply haven't paid attention to the rules changes.

Jeff

yardbird

Premium Subscriber
I know some of the schools are using digital head sets like the Pro Football teams use.

That is why you were likey not able to pickup any conversations.

David

Status
Not open for further replies.